Getting in Shape
Options

Any suggestions about workout routines?

Hey!!! I am getting married in May of next year so I have 7 months to prepare but I have to buy my dress this december!!! I wasn't wanting to do that because I tend to gain weight if I get stressed which I figure I will be by May so I need to loose weight like now! lol Any suggestions on arm, ab, and thigh exercises will be great! Thanks!!

Re: Any suggestions about workout routines?

• Options

Plenty.  Go get a video like Jackie Warner or Jillian Michael's.

I recommend cardio too though.  Get a cardio video too.

But don't limit yourself.. you can do anything such as run, jog, bike, swim etc.

As for moves targeting certain areas, I would say you def need to adopt a cardio routine because that is where a lot of the fat loss and calorie burning will come from and then 3 times a week you can do the videos.. or exercisetv or exercisetv.com

there are plenty of moves for each body part.. you will learn a lot from the Jillian Michael's dvds

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I started on Sept 13 using sparkpeople dot com.  They have the nutrition tracker where you can track everything that you put in your mouth.  They also have a fitness tracker where you can track the number of steps you take a day, any cardio exercises you do, and they have a mileage tracker.  And I see that you are in North Carolina, if you have Cox cable, you can go to On Demand, Free Stuff, Health & Fitness, and they have sooooo many types of workouts on there for FREE!  I use it at least 3 times a week.  Amy Dixon on there is wonderful.  Julian Michaels also has a 30 day fitness workout on there, if that is who you are looking for.  Hope this helps!  And good luck.  I know its not alot, but I have lost 5 lbs. 
  • Options
    I worked with a trainer who did most of the hard work for me...I just follow what he said. But he told me about a site that is great when a trainer is out of your price range (as it currently is for me, boo!) www.fitnesscoach.com The site is great, giving you alternatives for food, tracking, it will set up work out routines and give you TONS of exercises that target different areas of your body on all different equiptment. It's not free, but you can get a year subscription for just under $70 for the year.

Also...make sure you work on muscle confusion! After about 4 weeks your body gets used to your routine so about every month you should change what you're doing. When your body is comofortable, you don't burn as much which is why so many people plataeu. If you change it, your muscles can't get get used to what you're doing and you'll continually burn that many calories.
  • Options
    Hello! If you are looking for ways to just tone or firm certain areas while loosing a little a bit of weight try Jillian Michaelsl " More Trouble Zones". Beware it is a 50 minute video  and you WILL feel the burn the next day and a few days after no muscl is left untouched! I do a modified 25 minute one on Exercis TV it really works well. You can buy it on amazon.com Go here and read the reviews but girl it WILL work! Good Luck!

• Options
    I tried that twice. 2 times I did it so far.  Its dificult at first so I realized there are some moves in there that I need to put down the weights. because then I won't be able to continue on with the workout.. I will be too much in pain lol. until I work myself up
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Slim in 6 is awesome for arms and especially thighs. I'm one week from being complete and my thighs feel like bricks. Weight loss has been gradual since I haven't been eating that much better (I try, it's just difficult since I'm not buying the food that comes into my parents house).

It's a six week program and the videos don't go over 60 minutes. It's pricey though so if you're interested and into bittorrent I'd go that way. Or see if your local library has them or if they would be willing to order them for you through an interlibrary loan program.

GL!
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards