Getting in Shape
Options

Great Living Room Aerobics DVD

Hey Girls!

I'm new to the boards and to The Knot. Just started planning a wedding with official engagement just around the corner. (He's still planning the surprise. :) ) So I have just over a year to lose 40 pounds before the big day, and have gone back to school to earn another degree -- very little time to work out! Because I am back in school, we are also on a budget. But I was in Wal-mart yesterday and found a GREAT DVD for just $10. It is The Firm "the 500 Calorie Workout," and let me tell you... it is a real challenge for me! I was surprised to find something so intense that I can do right in my living room. I also have a few yoga DVDs I like to do from time to time, and will rev up the effort on those as well.

Anyone else have great at home DVDs? I really don't have time or money for a gym membership, so anything I can do around the house at my convenience works great.

Re: Great Living Room Aerobics DVD

• Options
    I have several Firm videos, but my new favorite is Jillian Michaels "30 Day Shred".  it's short, about 30 minutes, with 3 levels.  the first level itself is hard, then it just gets harder.  very efficient workout.
  • Options
    I second the 30 day shred video. Also there are some of the girls that are doing the June Booty call (100 squats a day) and also the 100 push-up challenge. Those are both really easy to work into a busy schedule and the best part, they're free! You might check out the threads about both of those and see if you're interested. 
  • Options
    I like Jillian's longer DVDs. For cardio, try "Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism" and for strength, try "No More Trouble Zones." They're both about an hour and more intense than 30DS.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I like several by Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, yoga meltdown, burn fat boost metabolism, and no more trouble zones.  I also like Chalene Johnson alot. I have ChaLean Extreme for weight training and several Turbo Jam DVD's that I love.
    Planning Blog: www.JohnandSteph2010.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image228 Made the list!
    image 42 Are ready to party!
    image 6 Will be missing out!
    image 180 Can't find the mailbox!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards