Getting in Shape
Options

Motivational tips

Let's face it...keeping motivation going strong is hard.  I myself am losing motivation faster than I could ever imagine, partly because I've been trying for so long only to see my weight and measurements creep up, and now partly because it's getting cold and it's more comfortable to lay under the covers than go up to the cold gym. 

So, no matter what the reason for losing motivation...how did you bust through it and keep your motivation?  Suggestions, ideas, tips, anything is great!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!

Re: Motivational tips

• Options
    I have a few "tricks". I have a picture of me at my lowest weight from way back in the day up on my bulletin board - I can look at it every time my motivation stalls to remember what I have done before and what I can still do if I keep working at it. I keep my food diary next to my keyboard on my desk, it makes it very easy to keep writing in it and feels a little silly when I dont - keeping on track that way really helps me stay motivated. I also like to go to the gym straight after work, that makes it easy to do and gets it out of the way before I even get home (I wont go if I have to go home first).
  • Options
    I was just about to post this because I saw it in a post a few down. =) Thanks for posting.

It is definitely hard to keep motivation. I think the one thing that keeps me going and keeps me from giving up every day it the huge mirrored closet doors I have in my room. Sounds so weird, but every morning I see myself in the mirror and I'm like "Whoa, what workout can I do tonight?" Seriously, it works. Also, just knowing that I'm feeling better and better about myself is such a great feeling. I would never want to go back to where I was, so I just have to keep pushing, keep trekking through.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ooh, I like the 'old picture of me' idea!  I might have to pull one out and stick it somewhere I can see it.  That's a good one, Nebb!  And wow, I can imagine how motivating such huge mirrors would be!!  I need to drag my mirror out from behind the door, I think.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
  • Options
    I always plan out my day when I first get up. I write down everything I'm planning on eating that day, and when I'm going to work out. I feel like it makes it easier to stick to, and I know what I need to pick up on the way home for dinner so I'm not stuck in my pantry going "ooooh cheetos!". It's one less decision that I have to make, and one little bit less will power I need to have. Since it's already be recorded, that's what I'm eating :-P
  • Options
    I kept a picture of me in my dress from the day I ordered it up at my desk.  It was a great motivator in the not-hitting-the-vending-machine department.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    JUST REMEMBER "NOTHING IS AS GOOD AS "SKINNY FEELS"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards