Getting in Shape

What?! Up a pound? Vent

Ugggh.  I'm frustrated.  Today was my weigh in day and I've gained a pound.  That means in two weeks I've lost one pound.  I've been eating cleaner and working out four times a week (up from none).  The first week I lost two so I thought I was on the right track. 

I had been lax in counting every calorie so I'm starting that back up again.  I know logically this is a minor setback.  I can't expect the weight to fall off, it's not like I gained it overnight.  Yet, I'm so frustrated.  I can't shake this feeling of failure and I already feel my motivation draining away.  I measured myself when I started and was planning on measuring myself monthly, so I'm not sure if it's muscle mass or what, it doesn't change the stigma attached to that number going up though.  :(

How do you ladies stay motivated during weeks when there's no loss, or even a gain?

Re: What?! Up a pound? Vent

• It's only one pound.  There are so many reasons a body can gain a pound-water weight from PMS or from working out or consuming a lot of salt.  Or maybe you need to really count every calorie.  But it's still just 1 pound.  I know it's disappointing, but make it a lesson learned-weight varies because of hormones and what we eat, but isn't always from fat gained.  And if it is-no biggie, just fix what you're doing wrong.  Eat cleaner, count every calorie and get back on track.  It's ok to have gains.  Just keep working.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yeah there is NO rush for losing weight.  Ideally you want to lose 1-2 lbs a week. but it doesnt happen EVERY week.  Your lucky if 3 weeks out of the month you lose some weight and one week you don't lose at all. It happens all the time.

When you get closer to your goal is when its harder to lose weight.  If you already lost some 5, 10, 15 etc lbs, the last lbs are the hardest. 

Our bodies are not scientifically made to lose weight per say.  Back in the olden days people never tried to lose weight.  It was not natures way.  We were meant to carry excess weight on us.. esp women in the hips/thighs for child birth..

but today with the food industry and fast food etc, we are now getting bigger and bigger and need to lose some.  When we get closer to our goal, we have to work harder and harder. 

It's good that you are eating clean and better. but remember to track your calories.  I do this on mydailyplate on livestrong.com.  Make sure your eating the right amount of calories for your height and weight or your body will go into starvation mode and want to hold onto every last piece of fat because it doesn't know when the next time your body will get the energy/calories/food into it.

Keep working out and make sure your heart rate is up the whole time and it's not too easy for you.

I was doing On Demand "Power Walk" videos with Leslie Sansone and realized it's getting too easy for me.  I guess that means I can make my pace faster or something.. or maybe do something different.. so I switched it up and now I am doing the On Demand Kickboxing "Total Knock Out Body".. its a lot more fast paced and more moves in there.. which gets my heart rate up more.

So try switching up your routine.  Try something more intense that will have you burning calories even after you are done with the workout

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Don't be so hard on yourself, Like pp it's only 1 pound. Keep working out, and watching what you eat and you WILL see results. Keep up the good work!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards