Getting in Shape
Options

Long Hair --

Hi-

I don't really ever post on this board, but I figured you ladies would know best, so here goes:

I have very long hair and have been doing some treadmill running recently, and I do not know what to do with it.  If I loop it, it swings around annoyingly on the back of my head.  If I scrunch it up in a messy bun, it falls apart and the bands go flying.  My pony tail lies on my back which is kinda icky.  Does anyone else with long hair have a suggestion for what they do with it during high-impact excercise like running? 

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Final Siggy Challenge: Favorite photo with FI
At the Apple Orchard

Re: Long Hair --

• Options
    I braid it and then wrap the braid into a bun. The no-slip hair elastics with the clear strip work really well.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I either braid it or use a second goody holder. 
  • Options
    As "out" as scrunchies are these days, go get the thinner ones from target or walmart...they aren't as bushy as years ago...lol...and they keep a bun nice and secure.
    Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I always wear my hair in that half-pulled out ponytail bun, and the goody ouchless stay-put elastics are best.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_long-hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:8378656b-103b-4f35-b6e0-5dcea922f5f7Post:81a8b288-d430-4e7e-ad7b-708d2e3f97e1">Re: Long Hair --</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you get sick of a bun, another option is to pull it into a ponytail, secure it with an elastic, then braid it and secure it at the end.
    Posted by kmjarvey[/QUOTE]

I do this ^^ or just leave it in a ponytail (I put it high on my head, it looks weird, but keeps my hair off my back). I have waist-length hair, so I definitely feel your pain there. When I wear a bun or messy bun when I run, they always fall out and I have to readjust, or they give me headaches. I have to wear a bun everyday at work anyways, so I like to exercise my right to not wear a bun when I'm working out LOL.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Thanks so much everyone.  I think I am going to try those no slip goody bands, they sound like they should do the trick.  If all else fails, I guess I'll braid it, but I am often epic-ly (spelling?) lazy and the ideal of having to brush it out, pony tail it, braid it, bun it and then go run makes me tired.  I really appreciate all the input!
    Final Siggy Challenge: Favorite photo with FI
    At the Apple Orchard
  • Options
    I have long THICK hair so it is very hard to keep a ponytail in my hair while doing intense cardio.  I am fortunate enough that I do my workouts at home (where no one can see me).  I use those same goody bands and pull my hair into a high pony, then I twist it around (like I'm doing a bun) and clip my hair with one of those claws on top of my head.  It looks really ridiculous, but it's the only thing that works for me.  If you don't care how you look, or if you get to do your workouts at home, I def recomment it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards