Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Manzanita trees- Center pieces

I love the look of all the manzanita tree center pieces I have been seeing online. I was wondering if anyone has done these in the past or is going to do them and what their thoughts are? I know this would probably be out of out budget but it would be interesting to price some out. We are doing black and white, so I was thinking about painting the brances and doing crystal strands from them... can these be painded?? Our wedding is on 2/20/2011 and we have about 25 tables. Is anyone else considering something like this.. maybe we could build them together and share? Let me know :-) I'm open to any suggestions! Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Manzanita trees- Center pieces

• Options
    michelle227michelle227 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have similar tastes! I'm planning on doing half of my reception tables with a low floral centerpiece and am planning of the other half being just what you described!  The florist that I'm using, Signature Productions based out of Colleyville has Manzanita trees (the dark dark brown color, but practically black, I believe) with lots of Swarovski crystals hanging from each branch, for rent at $40 per tree.  Each tree is in a pot that you can just choose the fabric color and bow color that you want to have coordinated with your wedding colors.  I love the look of them!

• Options
    rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that these are currently on sale at hobby stores. They are in the fall decorations department. If you print off coupons I bet you get put them together for less then $40 a tree. Just a thought!
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Holly! Welcome!  I would definitely check out local hobby stores.  I know that knottie Balfour has done some DIY centerpieces like that.  I hope that this board will be useful!
  • Options
    CharleyFisherCharleyFisher member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    did you ever find your branches in texas? we're looking for some as well. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hobby Lobby and Ikea both sell them
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards