Getting in Shape
Options

Ranting just a lil bit

I had my weigh in today and I lost....0 lbs!  Correction, 0.0 lbs!  So discouraging. I have been following my points very strictly and haven't even dipped into my WP this week. I have been exercising like crazy, too.   I'm stoked that I lost 5 lbs the first week, so I know its pretty common to not have a big number the next week. And they call it "week 2 curse"  on Biggest Loser, right?  And it could be muscle gain, too.  (any other reasons I forgot?) . Anyone else experience this?  I apologize for being a whiny baby,  I'm just very discouraged.
PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ranting just a lil bit

• Options
    It could defintely be muscle (losing fat, gaining muscle). It could also just be a water retention issue...weight can certainly be stubborn during certain times of the month. Hang in there, every week is very different.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    During my weight lose plan, I noticed a pattern. One week I would lose 5bls the next 0, the week after another 5, the week after that 0. I know my body has a pattern, yours might too.

Don't get discouraged. It's great you lost so much, but just remember 5bls a every week can be unhealthy.
  • Options
    it could be muscle gain, water weight, a fiber-filled meal that you ate before the weigh-in... lots of things. don't let it get you down! if you're doing things the right way, then your body's changing, even if the scale says otherwise :]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First of all, I would forget using Biggest Loser as a guide to anything resembling healthy weigth loss. 

Second- My 2nd week on WW I *gained* 7 lbs, so it could be worse. Just stick to the plan and the scale will catch up.

If you just started your weight loss journey 2 weeks ago, there's no way it could be muscle "gain." Muscle does not weigh more than fat- it takes up more volume. Gaining enough muscle to see a change in weight would take lots of hardcore weight training and the calories to fuel that.

My advice would be to look at your quality of points- 2 points spent on high higher whole grain bread is a better choice than 2 points spent on white bread.

I found that once I started eating a reasonable amount of WPs, my weight loss sped up.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the help.  I think I'm just being impatient and I'm always too focused on the number on the scale.  I'll keep doing what I'm doing and we'll see what happens next week...
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards