Getting in Shape
Options

Tuesday Newbie Intros

Please introduce yourself in this thread. Welcome to GIS!

Re: Tuesday Newbie Intros

• Options
    lifeizbeachylifeizbeachy member
    First Comment
    edited November 2009
    Hi, I am Gina! I am newly engaged and hoping to lose 38lbs in the next year. Mostly, I am motivated to get fit and healthy. After breaking 6 bones in my foot 2 years ago, I got really out of shape. I am tired of feeling like an old lady!!!  LOL I also started my own business so I work at home and I am on the computer or phone all day. In the past I had a very physical job.

I am trying Clean Eating and have Wii Fit, and have started walking. My biggest challenge is drinking enough water and exercising consistently. My biggest craving is salty snacks. Pretzels, chips, etc...

Oh yeah, and my biggest question? Is which fitness equipment or DVDs are best. I don't want to buy a bunch of crap that gets dusty and ends up on Ebay. LOL There are balls and bands etc, etc..... Undecided
  • Options
    Hi, I'm Melanie. I just got engaged about a month ago and I would like to lose about 20 lbs in the next year. I have gained some weight since starting my current job and it needs to go!

I need to get back to the gym more regularly and not eat when I'm not hungry!
  • Options
    Welcome to the board everyone!

My best suggestion lifeizbeachy would be to keep a big 1-2L bottle of water on your desk at all times. I bring one with me to work every day and I just drink it without really recognizing what Im doing. You might want to invest in a stability ball, as well as a set of hand weights (5-15lbs). If you are planning to work out at home there is a LOT you can do with just those.
  • Options
    Hi, I'm Jacque and am also newly engaged (about two weeks!).  We are getting married in March 2010, so I don't have a lot of time but am constantly trying to lose some weight.  I do go to the gym as regularly as I can, however the last couple months have been rough because I thought it would be a great idea to be a full time student on top of working full time.  It's making weight loss really hard. 

On top of my own wedding, I'd like to lose some weight for a friend's wedding (I'm a bridesmaid) in June. 

My biggest challenge is my husband-to-be who eats like he may never be able to again.  Haha!  It's hard to watch someone eat good food constantly and not have a nibble here and there. 
  • Options
    Thanks, Nebb!!  I am planning on working out at home atleast for now. I went to look and saw so many things I haven't used before I didn't know where to start. Even with the balls there are different shapes and sizes...
  • Options
    I use a ball at the gym that is around 2.5 feet high when inflated. If you do your weights while sitting or resting on the ball it helps keeps your core egaged which will work out your abs the entire time.

Try checking this out - http://health.msn.com/fitness/fit-zone/
    It will show you what exercises there are for each body part, and show you how to do it. I really like this tool.
  • Options
    I introduced myself yesterday, but I thought I would say hello here too!  I have been engaged for 7 months now and we are getting married on April 17, 2010!  I wanted to lose 25-30 pounds before the wedding, I have lost 15 so far, so I am doing good, but I need a little extra motivation and a kick in the behind to get through the holidays!  Yesterday I bought Jillian Michael's 30 day shred (I read a lot of posts on here about it), so I will start that as soon as it gets to my door!
  • Options
    Is the 30 day shred a DVD?? I have seen it mentioned.
  • Options
    It is a dvd, a lot of the ladies on here really like many of the Jillian Michaels dvd's, and from what ive seen there are quite a few!
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I am new to this board.  I have always worked out pretty regularly but just recently have been so busy with life that working out was just not happening anymore.  This month, I started 30DS and No More Trouble Zones to spice up my workout.  I feel like doing cardio everyday had me a bit bored and I was not losing any weight.  I am hoping that I can stay motivated by checking in with this board and with these DVDs. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards