Getting in Shape
Options

WW Accountability?!?! Can someone explain!

I have been seeing all kinds of post about WW.

First I'd like your opinions on how well you like it? Do you go to meetings or just do the online thing??

I'm looking to join. Then can you explain what the accountability is on here that your doing? Thanks Ladies!

Re: WW Accountability?!?! Can someone explain!

• Options

I love WW and many ladies on this board do it (whether involved in the daily threads or not). It is the only "diet" program out there that can be permanent... it teaches you lifestyle changes, not just an "eat this meal and you'll get skinny" type of gimmick. There are no special foods you have to eat and no restrictions on the foods you can eat (don't have to do things like strictly cut carbs, or sugar). It's all about portion control, making smart decisions, and knowing what you're putting in your mouth.

If you're wondering if it's right for you, definitely check out a meeting (first meeting is free) and see if it's a good fit for you. I personally go to meetings... as do most people here. For me, I have to have the accountability of getting on the scale every week. Not to mention the fact that they have a weekly handout and you get good tips in the meetings!

The WW accountability thread is a way for people to post what they plan on eating that day, so that they can be accountable for it and plan out their day. The numbers behind the foods are the points value (every food in WW has a points value, and you have a goal amount that you're supposed to eat every day based on their equation). It's also a good place to get food ideas.

Hope that helps!

imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Great post, Vita. :) Is it the format your confused about?
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I understand WW its self just wasn't sure what way you guys were doing it. Basically I can't decide if meetings are worth going to or if I should just do the online etools. 

But I was also curious about your accountability post because I think that would keep me motivated if I had you ladies to back me up! Thanks again for the info! 
  • Options
    i do the online-only version of WW and i love it. i have a crazy work schedule so i'd probably miss every meeting id have to go to anyways. their online tools are great and im just as motivated as i would be if i went to the meetings, i think.

and the WW thread on here helps me keep accountable too because you dont want to not count your points and i feel like everybody would know (though theyre all sweethearts so they wouldnt be mean about it or anything). :P

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options
    I also do the online WW only.  To be honest, I don't want to have to go to meetings and be weighed in and talk to other people about weight loss.  I think the meetings work really well for a lot of people, but would just make me uncomfortable and feel awkward.  I guess I'm just a more private person.  I love WW because it has a lot of flexibility and it works really well for me when I stick to the plan.  The accountability thread has also really helped me to plan out my day in advance-when I wing it, I have a tendency to eat to many points early in the day and end up hungry and going over my points for the day.  HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Studies have shown that people who go to meetings lose 30% more weight than those who do etools alone. Just bringing that into the light here. But the etools are definitely a great asset. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks PP. I don't really have weight to lose I am just looking to make a lifetstyle change. Thanks for your info!
  • Options
    Just wanted to add that I also really like WW.  I generally eat foods that are good for me, but I have a really hard time with portion control and the simple point system really helps me keep the eating in check.  When I first started doing it, I attended the meetings, and I found them to be really helpful. .. I learned a lot of good strategies (eating more protein, the importance of fiber, esating whole fruits instead of the juice, etc), and I really liked the support and the accountability.  At this point, I just do it online, and I think it works well for me, too.  I am so busy that I think I would skip meetings and then kind of give up, but since logging it online is so simple, there really isn't a reason not to do it.

• Options
    Just to clarify.... when you get the monthly pass, you get the e-tools as well as the meetings.... the e-tools aren't exclusive to online members.
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards