Getting in Shape

Sensa

Has anyone tried it?  What did you think?  Portion control is my big problem and it seems interesting (and probably too good to be true).  Of course I'm already dieting and seeing a trainer, but thought this might make it easier. TIA!

Re: Sensa

• The ladies on this board strive to lose weight the healthy, correct, and sustainable way... through good old diet and exercise (we're crazy, I know). I had to look it up to even figure out what it was. Would you really want to put something on your food that has silica in it??  You know, that good ol stuff that they use to make glass, soak up moisture in your shoes (remember the "warning: do not eat, poison" packets?), make cement, etc.

Portion control is an issue for many people (including myself). I suggest buying a food scale and portioning out everything that is portionable into ziploc bags as soon as your bring it home (ex: crackers, cereals, etc... anything that is not already in a single serving packet). When you cook meals, portion it out. Use smaller plates and bowls, too... you will feel like you're eating more because it fills the plate better.

Bottom line, do it the healthy way. Do you really want to sprinkle weird chemical stuff on your food the rest of your life?

imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • With all due respect, you really need to calm down.  I appreciate the information, esp about sillica (yuck), but I think it's a bit harsh to assume that because I'm just asking about something, I don't want to diet and exercise.  I'm just curious, and clearly I'm already putting a lot of effort into doing it the traditional way.  If there is one girl on this board that hasn't been curious/tempted by a diet drug, I would be shocked.
  • Calm down? Hahahaha! That's classic. You asked a question, I answered. If you didn't want an answer, you shouldn't have asked. Make sense?

No one said you weren't putting effort into it. I said we like to do it the good old fashioned way, without use of other fad products, then gave you some hints on how to help with portion control.

So you're welcome.
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I dont think vita was over reacting or harsh, so youre out of line. You didnt get the response you wanted, so you decided to crack out the attitude apparently. No one here is going to suggest you try this crap, no one. If you have trouble with portion control, try a little harder. Its called willpower.
  • I'm not out of line, and I def didn't think anyone would suggest I use it.  I just wanted to see what people had heard about it.  And I did get what I wanted to hear about it.  The silica comment WAS helpful.  I am bad at portion control, which is why I was intrigued, but it seemed to good to be true.  I'm not going to argue about it anymore, I just thought the first post came of as somewhat sarcastic, which is not how I would answer a stranger, but that's just me. 
  • Mmmmhhhh, this is strange. I don't think Vita was sarcastic at all. If anything she  looked up info about it to give you an informed answer. 
    which is not how I would answer a stranger, but that's just me. 
    As far as this comment goes the girls here are not strangers and are actually quite nice and helpful. I know we sometimes react when we hear something we don't really agree with. Trust me all the girls here mean well and are ready to help, support, motivate if you let them. Laughing
  • Here's a story from the L.A. Times on Sensa. My take away from this story is the operating theory for this product is that if you make your food tasty and good-smelling (is that a word?), you'll be less inclined to over eat--and that you should eat nutritious foods.
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/booster_shots/2008/06/get-a-whiff-of.html

On the other hand, according to this story, there's not a lot of research to support that theory:
     http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/18/fashion/18skin.html?_r=3&ref=health

If its something that can help you with portion control and is safe (big ifs), it might be worthy trying along with exercise and diet and healthy choices and all.

And, by the way, silica is commonly available in food and does not have negative effects if eaten.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards