Getting in Shape

Hello Everyone!

My wedding isn't for another 18 months and I would like to tone and shape as much as possible before the wedding. I have two dress sizes to go down in and am wondering if anyone has found a good routine to go with for this? Glad to be apart of theknot.com!!!!

Re: Hello Everyone!

• Hi!  It depends on how hardcore you want to get with your workouts.  I used to be a collegiate athlete, so intense workouts are completely done in my world, haha, I'm so over them.  What I do to stay in shape though, with no gym, is yoga and some regular exercises I can do around the house.

I do different styles of yoga which actually can be pretty tough, but are amazing with whipping your butt into shape and helping your relax.  Just really watch your form because if you don't have great form on any exercise you do, you won't get the results you should and you might get hurt which would be so awful for your wedding!

I also do a ridiculous routine of hula hooping, lunges (with a 5lb bag of flour), and jump rope.  I said it was ridiculous, but I highly recommend trying it.  I stretch first then I jump rope as fast as I can for one minute, then immediately I go into doing lunges while holding a 5lb bag of flour (you could use a weight, I just make-do with what I have around the house) for one minute- I just lunge all through the house.  Then after the lunges, I go straight into hula hooping for one minute.  I don't have a hula hoop, so I pretend.  Trust me, you'll feel it.  I repeat this for 20 minutes.  If you don't drop two dress sizes by doing that, I have no idea what else to recommend because that routine is KILLER and easy to do at home.

Also embarrassing things I do to keep in shape are:
    Before every shower, I do jumping jacks for no set time, usually I'll just do them for a length of a song on my Ipod.  Then I do my age in push ups (24, but that's hard for me).  Then I do my age in crunches and different styles of sit ups to target different areas of my abs.  This is kind of embarrasing to admit, but I do them naked because I feel like if I can look at my body while naked, I can either learn to love it or find motivation to work harder.

I also do this other thing which I don't even know how to explain.  I don't even remember where I learned it.  If you're actually interested, I can try to find a video on it.  It works out your butt and hips.  It burns really, really bad though and you'll be sore for days after you do it for the first few times.

While I blow dry my hair, I do squats the entire time.  Very challenging to keep your balance!

Also, while I clean my house, I wear a pair of 6-inch heels to work out my calves.  You'd be surprised at how well this works!

If I'm heating something up in the microwave, I'll do something like running in place, jumping up and down like a freak, or jumping jacks.

I play Wii.  I have WiiFit and that thing is amazing!  I'm a huge nerd and love video games, so being able to trick myself into thinking I'm not working out is amazing for me!

I don't use weights because your body weight is enough if you just want to tone-up.  If you're looking to add a little meat to your bones to get a "shape," then by-all-means, use some weights.

I hope I helped some!  And, like I said, these are just random things I do personally.
  • wow!  beckpaz would love to be your friend for a day and just do hilarious exercises with you!  These are the kind of things I do randomly but have never considered them as work-out material.  I love it! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards