Getting in Shape
Options

Fast food lunch?

Hey ladies,
If you are forced to get fast food for lunch what is a healthy choice for under 10.00? I forgot my lunch at home today and I am not sure what I should get. The only place I am close to is McDonalds. Any suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fast food lunch?

• Options
    I'm guessing 10.0 means WW points?

Get on their website and start calculating based on nutritional data. 

Your best bet is probably a grilled chicken w/o sauce and a side salad with only some of the dressing.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Taco Bell's fresco menu is tasty and cheap. And not to high in calories. GL!
  • Options
    10.00 as in under 10 dollars.
  • Options
    Ah, that's makes sense.  Unfortunately, I'm a Cannuck (and it's been 8 years since I worked at McD's) so I'm not much help on the food front!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    id say go to stop and shop (or other grocery store) that has a salad bar. much healthier and will fill you up better too!

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options

I think everything on their menu is under $10.  Go onto their website and look at the nutritional values of the grilled chicken items and the salads.  Those usually run $5-6 I think.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
  • Options
    I eat at McDonlads from time to time.  I get the grilled chicken classic with no mayo.  I think thier salads have alot of fat but I son't know if it is just the dressing.
  • Options
    I work at McDonald's--the grilled chicken isn't as healthy as you'd think. The reason is that the nutritional values set by corporate only take into account 4 sprays of butter on the grill and most workers use tons more than that. If you only use 4 sprays the chicken ends up sticking.

Get a salad without the chicken. I'm a vegetarian and that's what I always get and it's great. The Southwestern salad tastes great because the beans/corn mix give it flavor.
  • Options
    first of all, everything at McD's is under $10. in fact, 2 people can eat for $10. you don't eat out much do you?

agree with PPs to go to the website and get the nutritional data. however, I'll have to ditto whoever said to go the grocery store that has a salad bar, and get that instead. much better for you.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    I don't eat at McDonald's much and their salads with a drink and another side can run me up to 15.00 if I'm not careful. I also work in a small town in the very corner which is far away from everything. I have never heard of a store with a salad bar. I just ended up going to McDonalds and getting a grilled chicken sandwich without mayo. Tomorrow I will remember my lunch though because I am not a big fan of McDonalds. I love their fries but I can't exactly have those right now lol.
  • Options
    I'd rather miss lunch than eat that crap.
  • Options
    Ditto kikipania.... fast food makes me sick : ( .... literally sick.... yuck yuck
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Wow, I would never rather miss lunch than eat McD's. If I skipped lunch I'd get so hungry I'd turn into a super grouch and then probably pass out.

Sometimes we all find ourselves in these situations. The point is to be prepared and know how to order the best thing possible. Also, sometimes a little indulgence here and there are okay. I eat fast food maybe a couple of times a year, and I'm still alive.

The last time I was on WW and found myself forced to eat at McD's, I got a happy meal with a cheeseburger and a side salad. The burger was basically the size of my fist.  I don't remember the points but it was pretty low. I know OP isn't doing WW but if something fast food is low in points that's a pretty good gauge.

Also, it's really easy to overdo it at a salad bar too. No matter where you are you have to be careful and make smart choices.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_fast-food-lunch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:94785903-9cff-45ac-b1eb-0e874a8e6b39Post:62c6cf80-46d3-4d67-9b86-6e676b69222d">Re: Fast food lunch?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto kikipania.... fast food makes me sick : ( .... literally sick.... yuck yuck
    Posted by VitaLuna[/QUOTE]

Meee too :( I hadn't eaten Taco Bell since high school (and I was a junkie) and I ate half a taco supreme about a month ago... egad, I was sick for days.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_fast-food-lunch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:94785903-9cff-45ac-b1eb-0e874a8e6b39Post:296e81db-9d3d-4c4c-94b3-f994e34e974f">Re: Fast food lunch?</a>:
    [QUOTE]But don't you want to try the new Taco Bell diet? ;) <a href="http://abcnews.go.com/Health/w_DietAndFitness/dieticians-divided-taco-bells-weight-loss-ads/story?id=9437173" rel="nofollow">http://abcnews.go.com/Health/w_DietAndFitness/dieticians-divided-taco-bells-weight-loss-ads/story?id=9437173</a>
    Posted by chicagochocolate[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh! That woman must have a stomach of steel! lol
  • Options
    Oh chicago... I'd be a total grouch too.... but I'd rather be a grouch and still working than be in the bathroom the rest of the shift.
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    The thing is fast food is my weakness so I have always been eating it so I know it won't make me sick. A chicken sandwich from McDonalds is a LOT healthier than what I normally eat. However, I know after not eating it for awhile it will make you sick. I have gone through that before and it was not fun.
  • Options
    I agree get a grilled chicken salad and side salad and apple dippers even w/o carmel dipping sauce. :) Good yet tasty. I work at McDonalds.

• Options
    Get a big & tasty with no meat. :) totally the best, and cutting out meat reduces a lot of fa & cals. ;)

and literally, order it as "a big and tasty with no meat'. they have a button for "no meat" so don't worry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards