Getting in Shape
Options

Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad

I got this recipe from Cooking Light and put it together last night. It was very quick and easy and tastes sooooo good. I added chopped rotisserie chicken for more protein so I can eat it for lunch instead of a side salad. I also used reduced fat feta and Kraft Light Zesty Italian.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Greek-Garbanzo-Bean-Salad/Detail.aspx?src=etaf 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad

• Options
    definately making that for our camping trip this weekend...thanks!
  • Options
    Instead of having a regular recipe thread, I think it would be great for anyone to post healthy recipes as they have them.  I used to get overwhelmed by the posts with lots of recipes in them and it would be easier for me if they were spread out.

cac - whatcha got for us? Smile
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_greek-garbanzo-bean-salad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:95140547-051b-4dc5-92d1-1fae47d93e05Post:ca15c80f-20ce-424f-88b3-825f60954780">Re: Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad</a>:
    [QUOTE]Instead of having a regular recipe thread, I think it would be great for anyone to post healthy recipes as they have them.  <strong>I used to get overwhelmed by the posts with lots of recipes in them </strong>and it would be easier for me if they were spread out. cac - whatcha got for us? 
    Posted by iamjoesgurl[/QUOTE]

Was it just a thread with a ton of random recipes? Do you think it would be less overwhelming to limit it to a certain ingredient or type of cuisine? (like Mediterranean dishes or stuff with mushrooms?) My most recent kitchen victory was waffles:

1 cup ww flour
    1/2 cup all purpose flour
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp nutmeg

1 egg
    1 1/2 cups milk (or soymilk)

I assume you all know how to mix waffle batter... FI likes it when I add a mashed banana too.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    This sounds amazing!  Thank you for posting.
  • Options
    I'm always looking for fast and easy recipes that incorporate beans without being too "beany" if you know what I mean. This sounds right up my alley. Thank you for sharing! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards