Getting in Shape
Options

How do I...

Get a thinner waist? I have always been thicker in the waist and this is really starting to bug me. Do I need more cardio? More toning? I feel really wide..

Re: How do I...

• Options
    well... the majority of your shape is determined by your genes (sad but true - unfortunately i can run all i want but i've still got my dad's big legs and tendency to store extra weight in my love handles). that said, you also can't spot reduce, as much as we all wish we could.

but. you can however, watch your carb intake (especially refined flours and anything processed), because carbs tend to store around our waistlines, and do a good amount of cardio. i never saw my waistline as small as when i began running - and of course, don't forget to work your abs as well, because working those muscles will help define them (imo, i'd rather have a wider waist with some definition than just a flat stomach), and they'll also keep you standing tall and free from back pain.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    also pilates is really good for toning your waist. =) but remember you can't spot train.
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    ditto what msange said, your shape, and how your body distributes fat, is very much based on your genetic make up.

That being said, "they" (the healthy and fitness industry at large) generally say that abs are made in the kitchen.  While it's generally accepted that you cannot spot reduce fat, eliminating processed foods from ones diet as been shown to help reduce belly fat.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards