Getting in Shape
Options

P90X question...

I just got the P90X program and I am going to start it on Monday.  My question is which of the 3 programs is the best for losing about 15 lbs and toning up?  I figured it would be the classic or the lean.  Which one are you doing?  Also what time a day is better to do the videos?  Morning or night or does it not matter?  Thanks :-)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: P90X question...

• Options
    I am starting the lean on Monday. I prefer to exercise in the morning because it makes me feel energized all day, and I find it hard to go to sleep after working out. That's just my personal preference. Although I think I work harder at night because I am not a morning person. Also in the morning it's hard for me to eat before working out, and I cannot workout on an empty stomach. So I am going to try both and see what works best for me. I am interested in what the other more knowledgeable Knotties have to say.
  • Options
    i've done them, though i'm a dropout - i did the lean, because it's less lifting-intense than the classic, and i in no way had the time for doubles haha

i am a morning workout person, but i can tell you that it may not be best for you to do it in the morning, because it will kick your butt! my sister and i always did them at night, which is awesome because i pretty much wanted to crawl right into bed afterward. you may feel differently, and it does depend on the video (like yoga - definitely do that at night) but that's just what i found to work for me.

good luck! :]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    well you can do the lean which is what im doing and honestly if u have an 8-5 job workout right after work and try to start dinner while you do because after you workout you give yourself about 30 to 45 min and then eat dinner but dont lay down after ... wash dishes or do somthing to stay active for your food to digest ... but if you dont have an 8-5 job try working out around 4 or so .... and p90x does work lol ... im doing it now
  • Options
    I work 7:30 am until 4:00 pm so If I did it in the morning I would have to get up at 4:30-5:00.  I think I am going to just try both ways to see what works for me.  Thanks for all the adve...  I cant wait to start.  Are any of you following the nutrition plan?  How is that going?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would suggest doing the classic program.  The lean is very cardio intense and you don't have a lot of weight that you want to lose.  Also remember that almost all the workouts are between 1hr to 1 1/2 hrs so it you do workout in the morning make sure you have enough time. I personnally am no good at working out unless I have been up for an hour or so, so I do it at night.  My FI is following the diet and has found that it is hard to eat the amount of protein in a day that it recommends ( because of his weight he needs 9 portions). 
    Good Luck! I don't get discouraged if in the first week you can't walk!
  • Options
    I've got the same schedule as you, 7-4. The second I get home I change and do the workout. The other girls are right-it's so tiring! But you'll definitely see results. 

I'm not following the exact nutrition plan but I am counting my calories and watching what I eat. I'm only 3 weeks into the lean program and I'm seeing major results. All of my clothes fit better and I'm feeling so much healthier. It's a great program! 
    09.10 Siggy Challenge
    Photobucket
    First Pic w/FI June 2008
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am on my fifth week of the classic version and I am seeing great results. I'm naturally tall and skinny so I'm not trying to loose too much weight, but more so to tone up. It definitely works! I'm not a morning person and I have an hour drive to work so I prefer to do it when i get home. I have an 8 to 5 schedule with about an hour drive to get home, so I have to start right when i get home. Than I cook a small dinner and crash out! Like some of the girls said it's pretty intense!

I followed the nutritional plan for 2 weeks, but it was too hard and too expensive. I would just watch your food in take and eat small portions. You're exercising so much that you definitely need some fuel for the work outs.

The best advice I can give you is to just keep going! Once you're past the first couple of weeks, it's much easier!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards