Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

I'm New!

Hi.
I'm new here and wanted to drop by and say hi. I am engaged. YEAH! woot woot! Im so excited. My fiansay proposed to me last week at dinner, and I was super suprised! We met online which I was kind of hesitat to do but we really clicked and have been together for 6 months. He is wonderful to me and I cant wait to get married to my prinse.
I read it in the knot the magazine about the message boards and was so super excited to see that there was a Dallas bored so I know I will come and ask you girls everything posible about weddings and showers and honeymoons and EVERYTHING that has to do with makeing my day the most special day for us.
Thats what its all about right!?! I cant wait to talk to you girls! Have a good Friday!

Re: I'm New!

• bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there - welcome to the boards.  Congrats on your engagement!

Start with the stickies - they're a great tool to figuring the boards out.

Another great tool (and no offense by any means), but the spell check button on the bottom of the text box helps a ton.  We're all defined by our online way of speaking, so it's important to put your best foot forward.

Welcome!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tip. I'm sorry, I really haven't ever been a good speller. I really don't want to come off sounding like a complete idiot! I'll check out the sticky and use spell check! Doh!
  • winechic25winechic25 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I also met my DH online, and we got married almost three weeks ago, time flies! The ladies, boards, etc were all extremely helpful in us choosing the most awesome group of vendors, so happy planning!!
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

Welcome!
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome to the board!  Ditto everything stephiehall said.  Everyone here has been incredibly helpful in recommending vendors, giving feedback, support, etc.  I can't imagine planning all of this without the help of everyone here, so I hope you'll stick around! :)

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • elidellioelidellio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome! 
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_im-new-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:3424f1e1-f617-4fa9-82f6-f53308a84ddfPost:2043c77f-ec35-4b4c-b3e8-698bd810e874">Re: I'm New!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi and welcome to the board!  Ditto everything stephiehall said.  Everyone here has been incredibly helpful in recommending vendors, giving feedback, support, etc.  I can't imagine planning all of this without the help of everyone here, so I hope you'll stick around! :)
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

<div>LOL... Stephie didn't comment on this thread!</div>
  • KHollyTXKHollyTX member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  I too met my FI online.  I know lots of people who have.  It actually seems to be pretty effective.  :)  Congrats!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards