Getting in Shape
Options

NGISR Poll

Alright, so we did the meet and greet and we heard about your getting in shape motivations and journey's, now let's hear a little more about you!

What's your first name?

How old are you?

What do you do?

Any pets?

How long have you known your SO?

Favourite colour?

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit?
We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NGISR Poll

• Options
    What's your first name? Andrea

How old are you?  26

What do you do? I'm a research engineer in the automotive industry.

Any pets?  2 cats, Meka (2.5 yrs) and Chloe (8 months)

How long have you known your SO? 7.5 years

Favourite colour? blue

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit? normally, apples, right now? bananas!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    What's your first name? Sam

How old are you? 26

What do you do? Nothing! Ive been unemployed since December

Any pets? I have a pug named vinnie

How long have you known your SO? we just had our 6yr anniversary last month

Favourite colour? green (all shades but forest and hunter), and turquoise

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit?I love most fruit - nectarines are my #1 fave, but I also really love apples (in the fall ONLY), clementine oranges, strawberries, cherries, raspberries, pears, kiwis, bananas, and peaches.
  • Options
    What's your first name? Farrah

How old are you?  23

What do you do? Freelance journalist

Any pets?  Sadly no. Hopefully after I graduate. I would to have a dog.

How long have you known your SO? Almost 4 years. But I've known his family forever. His uncle was the best man in my parents' wedding. Weird, eh?

Favourite colour? Pink

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit? Bananas. Yummm.
    Slowww down, little ticker. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    What's your first name? Leah

How old are you? 25

What do you do? Human Resources for a large software company

Any pets? A dog, named Kaiser, and a few society finches

How long have you known your SO? About 11 years, dating for 10

Favourite colour? hm.. green?

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit? Mandarin oranges, at the moment..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What's your first name? Rachael

How old are you? 26

What do you do? Inside sales/customer service for a manufacturing supplier

Any pets? 2 cats, he named them after Buffy: Anya & Dawn

How long have you known your SO? A smidge under 4 years.

Favourite colour? pink. it's horrifyingly girly but i love it

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit? I looove berries. blueberries, strawberries & raspberries oh my
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What's your first name? Jessie

How old are you?  22

What do you do?assistant. but other than my job, i love to sew, knit, work out, and read!

Any pets?  2 cats, they are sisters. Lucy and Penelope

How long have you known your SO? 6.5 years, we are hs sweethearts.

Favourite colour? orange

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit?apples and pineapples!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What's your first name? Mareika

How old are you? 31 (with only months to go before 32...and my FI is only 25...sigh...)

What do you do? Teacher, Grade 8

Any pets? FI, just joking

How long have you known your SO? About a year. Yes, really, we met last February.

Favourite colour? meh, depends. Grey probably. 

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit? I love Bananas. 
  • Options
    What's your first name?  Lisa

How old are you?  39

What do you do?  Business Analyst

Any pets?  No

How long have you known your SO?   About 3 years

Favourite colour?  Green

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit?  Avocado 
  • Options
    What's your first name? Cristina

How old are you? 26

What do you do? Assistant Director of a learning center (tutoring for kids)

Any pets? 2 cats, Maggie and Aoife (which is pronounced ee-fa, it's Irish)

How long have you known your SO? 11 years? We've been together for 9 (HS sweethearts)

Favorite color? Blue

Favorite fruit? Any type of berry or melon!
  • Options
    What's your first name?
    Kelsey (like it isn't obvious haha)

How old are you?

What do you do?
    Student and part-time administrative assistant. I'm graduating in May...so hopefully I'll get a full-time/full-paying job.

Any pets?
    Well, my family's dog is Ellie, and cockapoo and I love her (she's almost 10!) but BF and I are getting a dog this summer! YAY!

How long have you known your SO?
    Almost 2 1/2 years

Favourite colour?
    Blue...pale/carolina blues, but I looove navy and slatey blues too!

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit?
    blueberries...and strawberries and blackberries...and mangos....oh how I love fruit.
  • Options
    Kelsey, I almost put carolina blue as my favorite color, too...but didn't think anyone would know what that was! :)

Do you go to UNC? I see you are from NC. I grew up in Raleigh and went to UNC for college...but moved out to the Los Angeles area a year after graduation. So now I live in Pasadena but go home to visit as much as possible!
  • Options
    New to GIS Board, so this is a perfect way to introduce myself!

What's your first name? Maria

How old are you? 26

What do you do? Office Manager and Grad Student

Any pets? Not yet. Would love a dog. 

How long have you known your SO? 6.5 years

Favourite colour? Yellow

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit? Watermelon/any type of melon
  • Options
    What's your first name? Christine

How old are you? 25

What do you do? Unemployed but I do have my RN liscence

Any pets? Two cats, but at my parents house

How long have you known your SO? A little over two years

Favourite colour? Pink

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit? It's a tie between mango and strawberry
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Cristina - my DH is a huge NC State fan so we go to Raleigh often for games.  I know what Carolina blue is but only in the context of the many jokes that DH tells about them.  I won't repeat any of them though!
  • Options
    What's your first name? Melissa

How old are you? 25

What do you do? Store Manager of the Cold Stone Creamery that FI's family owns (FYI-I hate it)

Any pets? Well, yes. But he lives with my parents. A dog, Doby. I got him for my 13 birthday. I went away to college...and never came back home. I told them I'd take him but my dad can't part with him! But FI and I plan to get a dog..soon!

How long have you known your SO? Know - 4 1/2 years been together 3 years

Favourite colour? Pink and Yellow (also the wedding colors)

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit? Bananas but I can't have them often they give me mirgrains :( I also love Kiwi and all berries. And Pineapple! Heck I love fruit! Oh and pomagrantes although I've never had one. I like anything pomagrante flavored :)
    Nine-Ten Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of FI and Me!
    imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    204image 138image 41image 25image RSVP August 18

• Options
    What's your first name? Amanda

How old are you? 23

What do you do? graduate student / opera singer

Any pets? a cat, Figaro, who lives with FI 

How long have you known your SO? 5 years (and 5 months Wink)

Favourite colour? purple

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit? I cannot pick. I love fruit!! Pineapple, watermelon, strawberries, mangos, peaches.. Mmmmm.
  • Options
    Lisa-
    Haha aw, small world! Of course we could tell some jokes about State, too... :PThe state of North Carolina (between State, Duke, UNC) is pretty serious about their sports!
  • Options
    What's your first name? Katie

How old are you? 23

What do you do? Insurance Producer/Billing 

Any pets? 2 dogs; Sprinkles and Jellybean. They're both adopted. Sprinkles is a yorkie/scottie mix and Jellybean is a jack russell/chihuahua mix

How long have you known your SO? 3.5 years

Favourite colour? Purple

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit? Either clementines or strawberries. I love fruit!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_ngisr-poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:a9b71a8f-ccdf-4160-a620-e4fb242552bfPost:f8408ac3-35e9-433e-ad75-7ffb8c698dbe">Re: NGISR Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kelsey, I almost put carolina blue as my favorite color, too...but didn't think anyone would know what that was! :) Do you go to UNC? I see you are from NC. I grew up in Raleigh and went to UNC for college...but moved out to the Los Angeles area a year after graduation. So now I live in Pasadena but go home to visit as much as possible!
    Posted by crnota[/QUOTE]

Ironically enough...I go to State, but I grew up a Carolina fan since pretty much my entire family went there. So I still have some Carolina in me...much to BF's dismay. haha That's awesome that you're from Raleigh...I love it here...I'm originally from Greensboro.

Lisa and Cristina-Yay for some North Carolina relations! :) (Go Pack!)
  • Options
    What's your first name? My first name is a secret...but I go by my middle, Paige

How old are you?24

What do you do? I'm a Public Relations Coordinator for a small charity

Any pets? 2 pugs - Mikey and Molly

How long have you known your SO? 4 years

Favourite colour? Green!

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit? I LOVE strawberries...they're not just my fav. fruit.  They're my fav. food!!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    What's your first name? Jackie

How old are you? 26 tomorrow!  I might skip my daily plate this weekend...

What do you do? I was a ceramic studio manager, but recently left my job to go to school for nursing.

Any pets? Not now, but maybe when I'm done schoolFI had a great-dane, Lucy, but she passed last year.

How long have you known your SO? We were acquaintances in high school, but have been together for 4 1/2 years

Favourite colour? Blue.  Green.  Blue/Green?

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit?  Berries, pineapple, bananas, anything!
  • Options
    What's your first name? Lizzie

How old are you? 24

What do you do? I'm in my last semester of grad school for Adult Ed, but I work full time at my university so hopefully that will continue but with a pay raise. I love the energy of a college, college kids in general, and free tshirts!

Any pets? A stray manx we picked up named Nubbs and I'm sure we'll have a dog soon too 

How long have you known your SO? Almost 5 years

Favourite colour? Carolina Blue (not in that context, I went to Maryland, go Terps!, but it's the easiest way to describe it... My sister actually went to UNC though. We can't watch Maryland/UNC games in the same room, but always root against Dook together!)

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit? Watermelon and Berries!
  • Options
    What's your first name?  Keri

How old are you? 23

What do you do? Right now I'm an environmental data analyst for an IT consulting firm.  But in May I am going back for a second BS, this time in nursing.  I want to eventually get a  masters in nursing, once I decide if I want to be a nurse anesthetist or a nurse practitioner.

Any pets? Goldielocks, our 8 year old golden retriever/cocker spaniel mix.  We got her last summer.   She's so cute... looks like a minature golden!

How long have you known your SO? about 4.5 years I guess, dating for 3.5

Favourite colour? Yellow and purple

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit? Pears or any kind of berry
  • Options
    What's your first name? Carmie

How old are you? 25

What do you do? I work in Information Systems - specifically Geographic. I make maps for a living.

Any pets? A French Bulldog named Dozer. Isn't he cute?!

How long have you known your SO? 8 years

Favourite colour? PURPLE!

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit? Mango!

-- Thoughts become things, choose the good ones! --

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_ngisr-poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:a9b71a8f-ccdf-4160-a620-e4fb242552bfPost:868beeb0-7b0a-40d6-a787-585a0c1b5c9b">Re: NGISR Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]But in May I am going back for a second BS, this time in nursing.  I want to eventually get a  masters in nursing, once I decide if I want to be a nurse anesthetist or a nurse practitioner.
    Posted by soontobeklg[/QUOTE]

Are you going for an accelerated BSN?  That's what I'm doing?  Any idea where you want to go?
  • Options
    What's your first name? Lauren

How old are you? 30. . . almost 31

What do you do? make chocolates

Any pets? nope

How long have you known your SO? we've been together for 9 years, but technically we've known each other for 12.

Favourite colour? it changes. i used to be the girl that wore all black, but now i love bright colors.

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit? strawberries!!! but only when they're in season, which in the midwest is basically for 15 minutes in june.
  • Options
    What's your first name? Katie

How old are you?26 (27 next week)

What do you do? I'm a grad student working on my PhD in Biophysics

Any pets? nope, I really want a dog, but can't get one until FI and I travel less

How long have you known your SO? it will be 2 years on April 18th

Favourite colour? blue and dark red

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit? Raspberries, I could eat buckets and buckets of raspberries!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    What's your first name? Jennifer

How old are you? 22

What do you do? student & work in an office as a staff assistant that represents 80% of the California dairy industry

Any pets? My parents just got a dog last weekend. She's a flat-coated retriever named Roxy. We also have a kitty named G.G.

How long have you known your SO? about 3.5 yrs

Favourite colour? teal

Annnnd, slightly GIS related, what's your favourite fruit? Most anything except melons of any kind 
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Kelsey, Lisa, Lizzie-
    It's good to hear that we can all root against Duke together!  :)
  • Options
    And PS Lizzie- nice job beating Duke this week! We were watching and rooting for Maryland. I don't think UNC will be so lucky this Saturday, unfortunately.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards