Getting in Shape
Options

Funny things

Last night I took a long walk with FI and wanted to track it in TDP to see exactly how many miles we walked and get an estimate of how many calories we burned. (Which is a pretty cool Livestrong feature if you haven't discovered it.) We walked exactly 6.66 miles. FI thought we should walk around the block to get a different number.

Any funny GIS flubs for you ladies?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Funny things

• Options
    this morning (around 4:30am) i more than likely woke up my entire community with my new squeaky bike brakes. whoops.

and about two weeks ago, same time of the morning, i was running in my neighborhood and saw a molester van (you know - white, nondescript, panel van with no windows, parked suspiciously on the side of the road) so i ran faster past it. i was a little keyed up from that (it was pitch dark still) and as soon as i passed the van, the streetlight illuminated my shadow, which i immediately took as someone running next to me. mini heart-attack.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I rarely run outside because of knee problems, but if I do, there's an 80% chance I'll trip and probably fall. If I'm walking it goes down to 50% chance of tripping and a much smaller chance I'll fall.

August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Yeah, I repeatedly trip just walking down the hall in normal shoes, I'm a giant clutz.

My H wanted to go for a walk last night, at like, 10:30pm, but it was nice, since he's usually pretty "meh" about going for walks.  We did't go far, but we did share a popsicle!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    msange - I totally just LOLed at your post. Thank goodness people at work are used to be doing that and dont ask anymore =)
    Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sarahruth - trust me, no one was a bit shocked when i first broke that story! lol

(a coworker once told me that he's "amazed" that by now i haven't gotten myself hospitalized or seriously injured (minorly? yes.) for all my clutziness - it's just a good thing i don't work with heavy machinery...)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

msange - I can totally see myself doing that same thing. Rushing by the scary van and then freaking myself out.

I saw a big ugly gross scary black snake at the barn last weekend - it actualy slithered out of a pile of horse bedding I had just shoveled, which means I SHOVELED it into the wheel barrow *shiver*. I thought that one shovel load was strangely heavy but it was early in the morning. Yes I screamed like a girl when it scared the crap out of me and run halfway to my car before I realized my keys were on the OTHER side of the evil killer snake. And no one was around to save me but the useless barn cat. So I had RUN by it.... hehehe

Yeah... that was last satuday. Still this morning on my walk I was jumping away from twigs and branches. I'm such a dork. I'm not a girly girl, honest =)

Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    haha i just saw this -- totally shuddered when i read it too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards