Getting in Shape

Increased workout, constantly hungry

So I've started walking to and from work adding 4 miles onto my daily workout (now a total of 11.5 miles) and I'm always always hungry. I know because of the increase in miles, I do need to consume some more kcals since I'm not really trying to do anything other than tone up, but I'm kind of at a loss for what to add. Normally I follow this plan:

b- cereal and coffee
s (around 930 or 10) pb and banana or celery/string cheese
l- chobani with fruit and some trail mix or granola
s-(when I get home from work/before gym) pb or cheese - something that won't upset my stomach.
d- whatever FI cooks and a salad.
August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
229 image Invited to celebrate!
191 image Remembered to RSVP!
26 image Can't make it
7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Increased workout, constantly hungry

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2011
    I think I eat way more than that in a given day.  I also walk, but only about two miles a day.  On the days that I go running, I eat more (like 200 - 300 calories more).

B: string cheese + two blueberry waffles + tea (~250 calories)
    S: Granola bar (~150 calories)
    L: wrap with vegetables/lunch meat, fruit, granola (~550 calories)
    S: yogurt, almonds (~200 calories)
    D: whatever + wine (~800 calories)

This is for an 1800 calorie day.

EDIT: My stomach is growling something fierce by the time I get home from work around 6 or 7pm.  I'd love to add more calories to my day but I have this weakness for wine.  If I was walking as much as you, I'd add more in without even hesitating.
  • I drink a TON of water, my urine is always clear (sorry if TMI!).

I think i'll try adding an egg with breakfast and maybe change up lunch with a chicken sandwich or something.
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • deffinitely add the protien, like you said - the eggs and chicken might be all the change you need. also, it seems that you're eating at regular intervals, and that's good, keep doing that. the trick is tokeep you glycemic index high so your body stays "fuller" for longer.
    She's always wanted to be a princess and he's always wanted to be a hero; as fate would now have it, she is his princess and he is her hero *Semper Fi* Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards