Getting in Shape

Suggest a great book/movie

I'm having a rough month and now I'm feeling rather depressed.  Rather than continue my pity party for one that will quickly lead to Ben and jerry's and wine, I thought I'd ask for a great, inspiring, uplifitng book or movie to get this weekend to perk me up.  FI will be out of town for the next week on business and I need something to lift my mood this weekend when I'm alone.  All suggestions are welcome! TIA!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Suggest a great book/movie

• A Walk to Remember - book. Sure, it has a sad ending, but it's an uplifting story to me.

Pride and Prejudice - movie. Book is phenomenal as well. Either make me incredibly happy.

27 dresses - I think this is my current favorite chick flick. James Marsden always puts me in a good mood. :)

The Emperor's New Groove - It's just hilarious!

HTH
  • I love all of those suggestions FavoriteOne-some of which I haven't seen/read in a long time!  BTW if you love 27 dresses, you might find Made of Honor amusing as well.  Thanks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Chelsea Handler's book "Are you there, Vodka? It's me, Chelsea" is hilarious. The last couple books I read were pretty sadheartwrenching so that's all I've got bookwise.

Have you seen the movie where the two guys have to be mentors to kids as their community service? The title is escaping me, but it has Paul Rudd and Stifler from American Pie in it, anyway it's really funny!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Theres a book called 20 Times a Lady byt Karyn Bosnak...seriously funniest book I've ever read! Just ignore the fact that she should probably fire her editor! haha! :)
    Nine-Ten Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of FI and Me!
    imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    204image 138image 41image 25image RSVP August 18

• Read Garden Spells or The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen!

I also liked the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It took a little get used to the story being told through letters, but it's a great story!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I just finished watching Jerry Maguire today. I hadn't seen it in a long time and I forgot how much I enjoy that movie.  When Harry Met Sally is my favorite. 

Books- I am at a loss, I need a good book too.
  • After posting this, I totally went and watched 27 Dresses for the gazilliionth time. lol. :)
  • Last Holiday with Queen Latifah.  I though it was gonna suck, but it was actually pretty cute.

Overboard with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell

Yours, Mine, and Ours - the original one
  • for cute chick flicks, i love: princess diaries 1 and 2, he's just not that into you, pretty woman, and notting hill.

for other fun movies, try: disney movies (beauty and the beast, aladdin, hunchback), the newsies, ocean's 11, and clueless.

for books, i love childrens books: the giver, the princess bride, a wrinkle in time.  i also like pride and prejudice and the harry potter series.
  • Julie and Julia was really cute and pretty inspirational. Plus the food looks amazing. . .

And you can't go wrong with 80's movies- Pretty In Pink. Some Kind of Wonderful, Girls Just Want to Have Fun are some of my faves!

As for books, I don't really get into 'chick lit' but I do like the first 2 Jennifer Weiner books- In Her Shoes and Good in Bed. I just finished Blink, which is nonfiction but very interesting and a pretty quick read.
  • I second the Newsies rec. Nothing like watching Christian Bale sing and dance to make your day a little brighter!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The Holiday always cheers me up. (With Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jack Black, and Jude Law)

Good books...I do happen to like the Twilight Series, The Host is good, Hunger Games and it's sequal Catching Fire are good reads. The Time Traveler's Wife if you haven't read it. The book is better than the movie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards