Getting in Shape

wanting to lose 20 before the big day!

Hello All!!

I am wanting to lose 20 pounds before getting married next October. I know I've got a good deal of time, but at the moment it seems like I've plateaued. I've been working out on a regular basis, eating a really healthy diet, but nothing seems to be happening.

Basically the question is..
Do any of you know any wonderful ideas as to what I should do get off this plateau and continue down the path to skinnyness??

THANKS!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: wanting to lose 20 before the big day!

• I'm in the same boat!  My body is changing with muscle, inches, etc. but hardly any weight loss.

I guess you just keep on keepin' on and make sure you're getting ENOUGH calories (if you eat too little, your body goes into starvation mode and you plateau).

Good for you for starting early.  That's what I'm doing, and I'm glad I'm not rushing or crash dieting!
    Anniversary
  • it's absolutely NO fun! i've put myself on a high fiber diet for fear of it being something to do with that.. but thus far, not quite.

i'm glad you're not crash dieting though. VERY dangerous and doesn't last long. :-) GOOD FOR YOU! :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Try shaking things up.. Eat different foods, try a different workout. Our bodies adjust really well to what we're doing, so you need to keep mixing it up to keep it guessing and keep the weight coming off. And make sure you're counting your calories accurately! If you haven't been already, use a site like sparkpeople.com to track your intake. It's free and easy to use.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ditto what was said above.  Try new foods, new (and more intense) exercises and make sure you're eating enough, and enough good things.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards