Getting in Shape
Options

Where does the motivation go?

I feel like such a loser.  Every summer I work hard and get close to my goal, and every winter I ruin all my hard work. I am now, again, 15 pounds away from my goal weight. 
I can't even remember what I'm supposed to be doing to help get to my goal...OK, maybe I remember and have just been ignoring it.  Does anyone else experience this during the winter, how do you fight it?
Anyone have an idea for a quick boost workout plan to get my butt moving again?

Re: Where does the motivation go?

• Options
    I find with the days being shorter, it being colder out, and being generally more tired than in the summer, it has been hard to keep up the motivation. Im really pushing myself to keep going because I know that I cannot sit back and let the weight creep back up. Try doing something new, joining some new classes or getting a workout buddy to keep you motivated.
  • Options
    I agree with Nebb, she has suggested some great things.  Just remember that it's all about willpower; don't give in to the urge to be lazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
  • Options
    Have the FI kick you in the rear.  Not in a naggy get out of bed you fat cow way but in a positive supportive way.  The FI has been really supportive in pushing and sometimes doing workouts with me and offering positive encouragement.  Also try to keep your workout gear in sight.  It helps remind you what you're supposed to be doing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards