Getting in Shape
Options

Fitness Battle Wounds?

My MOH is ready to choke me because of what she affectionately calls my fitness battle wounds. Before the wedding I did yoga once a week, bike to work (about 16 miles a day) in warmer months, weight trained, played football and lacrosse. I continued to do all that and added in running middle distance races. I ran 3 half marathons within 9 weeks of each other with one of them on the same day as my shower. I played an 8 week season of touch football and participated in 3 lacrosse tournaments. The wedding motivated me to stay very diligent with my routine and my hard work is clearly visible in that my dress was huge and had to be taken in 3 sizes and I'm having the best lacrosse year after playing for 15 years. All this has left me with an assortment of tan lines across my back, chest and shoulders, additional scars to my knees (turf burn really sucks) and bruised purple toe nails. At first I was freaking out but then realized that this is my life. My fiance could care less about these things and for my friends they don't find it at all surprising. But I keep telling myself that I can't be the only fitness junkie bride out there! So, just for my piece of mind, what fitness battle wounds will you be walking down the isle with?

Re: Fitness Battle Wounds?

• Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2010
    I was a whimp before our wedding.  I did boring exercises and did all I could to avoid tan lines.  Now, however, I'm constantly covered in bruises (I bang my knees a lot while weight lifting, weird) and have tan lines alllll over the plce from yard work and just being outside.

Kudos to you for being you and loving your battle scars and tan lines! 
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My legs are usually a mess of bruises and I get a total "farmers tan" from riding my horse all summer... doesn't bother me in the least =)
    Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I already have a farmer's tan. My wedding is in a little over 3 months and I'm freaking out over correcting it - and wearing major sunblock from now on.

Hey, my knees are already scarred, but they won't be visible at my wedding! I'll definitely need a major pedicure the day before, though, thanks to my running and hiking.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I have scars on my legs, arms and hands from playing sports my whole life.  They're there.  It is what it is.

As far as tan lines, I went golfing with FI a few days before I went shopping for my wedding dress.  All I noticed when I looked at my back that day was the horrible tan lines I had on my neck and shoulders.  Normally the tan lines wouldn't bother me, but I am being more conscious of it this summer so I dont look goofy on my wedding day.  I'm not into spray tanning to fix the lines.
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Sunless tanner is really good for getting rid of tanlines/evening things out.  Espeically the gradual stuff.  I swore by it last year!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    oh god - my feet and legs, yes very. my feet were/are destroyed from being an overpronator (when i step, my weight shifts to the inside of my feet), complete with thick callouses, screwy toenails, and recurring blisters, despite getting good shoes for stability. it happens. working upward from my feet, my ankles are a little messy from being twisted several times due to sports injuries from high school, and i have divots in my shins from having shin splints so many times. along with that, i've got your garden assortment of scars on my knees. oh, and my two knees look different because one has "water on it" and the other doesn't, so the shape has actually changed. in fact, it looks like someone put another person's leg on my hip because of that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I took my first mountain biking lesson today to help deal with the stress of getting married in two weeks. Luckily I didn't take a header but did get whipped in the face by some branches and lost footing on my pedals and have some nice digs in my calf lol. I will definitely be sticking with just running, weights and yoga until July 16th!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards