Getting in Shape

Thinking of joining WW

I am thinking of joining WW ~ I am an active person ~ usually get 60 mins work out 5-6 days a week.

But I am struggling to lose the last 10-15 lbs. So I was reading a lot of posts about WW.

Anyone have any suggestions on joining WW ~
Is it worth paying the montly fee?? Do you think that is has a high success rate.

Any opinions would be of help ~ thanks so much

Re: Thinking of joining WW

• If you're willing to be dedicated to the program, it can be very successful. If you want to try it out, you can sign up on a week to week basis, or you can also just sign up for the eTools that will give you access to the WW site to track your foods, etc.

Good luck!
    TEST
  • I personally Love WW but I'm going to say what my leader just told us last week in a meeting. 

WW is not a diet, you do not loose the weight and then just stop tracking your food, and staying with-in your guidelines.  This is your life you have to watch your food and write your food down.  And she's right most of us who have struggled with our weight all our lives don't get skinny and then magically we don't have to watch what we eat anymore.  But I do think that the new WW Points Plus program is the most reasonable program I have ever been on. 

"Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
  • melhigsmelhigs member
    First Comment
    I tried it a few years ago and it didn't do much for me. I think you have to be REALLY dedicated, at which point why do you need a program? I've known people it did work for, though. That last 10 pounds is really the hardest.
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2011
    I lost 50 lbs. on Weight Watchers in about six months.  I used the online tools exclusively -- no meetings for me.  I also didn't exercise at all: 100% of the weight loss was due to strict portion control within the Weight Watchers points system.

That said, this was several years ago.  I eventually went off-program, stopped tracking and gained all of the weight back over the course of the next three years.  So ditto Stacy: it HAS to be a lifetime commitment or it won't stick.  (Of course, that can be said of any weight loss program.)

I just started WW again a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't been weighing in. My goal for the first month is just to track my points faithfully: next month I'll add in weekly weigh ins to measure my progress. 
  • I love it!  I have lost 30 pounds since January and went from a 14/16 pant to size 10. 

For me, going IN PERSON to a meeting every week has been the key.  To have to get on a scale each week and have to answer to that kind of accountability - that's the best motivation. Also, I like the meetings because I get to hear ideas about foods, exercise, and ways easy to make WW are part of your lifestyle versus feeling that it's a diet.  If you stay dedicated to really trying to program for the first 2-3 weeks, counting points will become easy peasy and you can get into a routine.  I HIGHLY recommend it.
    Wedding bliss since January 14, 2012!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards