Getting in Shape
Options

Fruit Poll

Now that summer is here and the heat is on (it is over 100 here today), I'm back to eating more fresh fruit and loving it.  So I thought I'd do a poll.

1.  What are your favorite fruits?

2.  Do you have a fruit that you only eat in the summer?  If so, why?

3.  What is your least favorite?

4.  Do you have a fruit splurge?

5.  What is the most unusual fruit you have tried and did you like it?

Re: Fruit Poll

• Options
    Strawberries, raspberries, watermelon, kiwi, bananas

Watermelon and cantalope - they taste best in summer

I'm not a huge fan of plums or fresh blueberries.

I only buy raspberries as a splurge because they are expensive!

I had a persimmon once at my cousin's house and it was really ripe and so yummy.  I don't usually buy them because I'm not sure what to look for.

I should have had a #6 - Did you know...
    Did you know that tomatoes, eggplant and cucumbers are all fruit?
  • Options
    1.  What are your favorite fruits? raspberries, peaches, strawberrries, italian plums (the little ones), clementines, cherries

2.  Do you have a fruit that you only eat in the summer?  If so, why?  watermelon-it just tastes like summer to me!

3.  What is your least favorite? regular oranges-it seems like I always get bitter ones

4.  Do you have a fruit splurge? raspberries-they're so expsenive, but they're my absolute favorite and Rainier cherries

5.  What is the most unusual fruit you have tried and did you like it?Leche.  Yes, they're good, but the texture is a little different.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of strawberries, watermelon, and peaches.

I tend to eat alot of watermelon, it keeps me cooled down and full with a minimal amount of calories. :) I usually eat strawberries with breakfast in the summer.

I don't care fow honeydew or apricots very much.

Cherries, I love 'em, but they can get a little expensive out here.

Lychee, but I'm not entirely sure I liked it. :)
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2010
    1.  What are your favorite fruits? Melons.

2.  Do you have a fruit that you only eat in the summer?  If so, why? I almost exclusively eat them in the summer, because that's when they're in season.

3.  What is your least favorite? I only like grapes once they're fermented.

4.  Do you have a fruit splurge? Pomegranates in the winter.

5.  What is the most unusual fruit you have tried and did you like it? horned melon (clicky) I didn't really like it.

The trick with persimmons is to wait until after first frost, they'll be bitter until then. 
  • Options
    1.  What are your favorite fruits? Almost any red fruit. Strawberries, cherries, watermelon, pomegranites, raspberries.

2.  Do you have a fruit that you only eat in the summer?  If so, why? Watermelon

3.  What is your least favorite? I really don't like apples, oranges, honeydew or cantelope

4.  Do you have a fruit splurge? not really.

5.  What is the most unusual fruit you have tried and did you like it? Probably lychee, I'm not too sure if I liked it either.
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Any kind of berry, peaches, pineapple.

Watermelon -- it just doesn't make sense in any other season.

Probably bananas, although mostly I'm just fussy about them being at the right level of ripeness -- when they get too soft, the texture grosses me out.

Rainier cherries . . . so expensive, and so worth it.

I had some strange fruits in Guatemala but my Spanish is terrible so I'm not sure what they were called . . . I liked them fine, except that I was worried about getting parasites so it was hard to enjoy them completely.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I 1.  What are your favorite fruits?  avocado, cherries, peaches, bananas, watermelon, blueberries

2.  Do you have a fruit that you only eat in the summer?  If so, why?  pretty much all of those above.  I am not a big fan of the fruits we get in Chicago in the winter because they usually come from South America or Mexico and are ripened in the box.  The taste is never as good.  I eat lots of apples, pears and grapefruits in winter

3.  What is your least favorite?  oranges

4.  Do you have a fruit splurge?  berries in the winter, out of season fruits when I just have to have them and they are expensive

5.  What is the most unusual fruit you have tried and did you like it? it might not be that unusual but last week I bought sour cherries from Michigan at the farmers market and they tasted exactly like Sour Patch Kids.  DELICIOUS!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    1.  What are your favorite fruits? - peaches, berries

2.  Do you have a fruit that you only eat in the summer?  If so, why? - watermelon, for sure. Peaches are great around here in June.

3.  What is your least favorite? - honeydew melon, anything that's hard to eat (I'm looking at you, fresh oranges)

4.  Do you have a fruit splurge? - not really. Maybe the organic bananas?

5.  What is the most unusual fruit you have tried and did you like it?- Hmm, I guess persimmon, which I like. Oh wait, that's my splurge - I buy them around Christmas. Or starfruit, which is pretty good. Citrusy.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    It is fun reading everyone's posts and getting ideas for unusual fruits!  I'll have to check some of these out (the ones I haven't tried).
  • Options
    Oh I just love fresh maryland summer produce. Peaches, berries, watermelon, and toamatos are so good around here these days!
  • Options
    Mery - if you're buying organic so as not to ingest the chemicals, bananas are an OK thing to just buy regularly.  Their peels are so thick, and you take them off, so you don't really ingest the chemicals anyway. 

Strawberries on the other hand, are probably the most important fruit to buy organically because they just absorb anything that comes in contact with them, including the chemicals. 

If you're buying organic because it's a better eco-option, then ignore what I just said. 
  • Options
    1.  What are your favorite fruits? Raspberries are my absolute fav, followed by strawberries, peaches, apricots, and grapefruit

2.  Do you have a fruit that you only eat in the summer?  If so, why? With the exception of berries, I try to eat fruits in season, so most other fruits.

3.  What is your least favorite? I hate watermelon. Can't stand it.

4.  Do you have a fruit splurge? Berries year round. Can't help it.

5.  What is the most unusual fruit you have tried and did you like it? Hmm, not sure. Maybe pomegranate, but that's not really unusual.
  • Options
    Now that summer is here and the heat is on (it is over 100 here today), I'm back to eating more fresh fruit and loving it.  So I thought I'd do a poll.

1.  What are your favorite fruits? Peaches, Nectarines, Blueberries, Strawberry

2.  Do you have a fruit that you only eat in the summer?  cantolope bc they are in season and blueberries too bc they are in season

3.  What is your least favorite? apples bc sometimes I'm too lazy to peel or cut them but in the fall months I eat them all the time anyway bc they are in season then. 

4.  Do you have a fruit splurge? no, all fruit is good.. exept pineapples would be a splurge or something i dont eat as often because they are higher in sugar

hmm not sure.. mangoe are something I tried and like a lot
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards