Getting in Shape
Options

Recipe rave

I was a little skeptical of this recipe when I saw eggplant in in, but I decided to give it a whirl. Never in my life did I think I would be drooling over eggplant. It was amazing.

Curried Salmon with Eggplant

1/2 medium eggplant
cooking spray
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
curry powder, to taste
black pepper, to taste
1 5oz salmon fillet
salt, to taste

Preheat broiler to 450 degrees.
Cut eggplant into 1/4-inch slices. Spray baking pan with cooking spray & lay eggplant & tomatoes on tray. Sprinkle (generously) with curry powder & black pepper to taste. Broil 2-3 min, flip, broil 2-3 min, flip, then finish broiling 3-4 minutes or until eggplant is soft & browned.
Coat a skillet in cooking spray. Sautee salmon fillet 4 minutes per side, or until flaky. sprinkle with curry powder & a little salt. Serve salmon on top of veggies.

SO DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Recipe rave

• Options
    Forgot the best part.... for WW girls, this is only 4.5 points!!!!!!! Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    i love eggplant!

I also cooked something satisfying and delicious tonight I would like to share:
    Quiche, use only egg whites and sub slivered potato for the crust. You can add any lowfat cheese and veggies you want. YUM!
  • Options
    Eggplant is fantastic.  Mind you, I prefer mine in Moussaka, which is one of the farthest things from healthy, but soooo delicious.

I'll have to play around with that a bit.  Neither H nor I are fans of curry, but I'm sure I could find a suitiable substitution.

Thanks for sharing!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wish I could like eggplant. I will have to try this.
  • Options
    I am not a huge fan of eggplant or curry,  But, I LOVE this recipe. I got it from Jillian Michaels book everything is the same except swordfish instead of salmon. My fi doesn't care for cooked tomatos so I also make it with choped red bell peppers and onions. I also made it once with zuchinin because the eggplant I bought was bad. It was still good but not as good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards