Getting in Shape
Options

Fluctuating

My body can not decide what weight it wants to stay at. One day I am 118 & the next I am back to 120, then 119...UGH! I am so close to my goal weight yet so far away...I am getting back to my normal eating routine after having off from work/holidays, but my weight isn't going anywhere. I am at another plateau....I hope this weekend I can go grocery shopping & find some new meals to shake things up! 
Photobucket

Re: Fluctuating

• Options
    Try weighing yourself only once a week, in the morning, before you eat anything, and after you've gone to the bathroom. Make sure you weigh naked! It will help you know a more accurate weight.
  • Options
    I flucuate in like a 4 pound swing between days and morning to night so I would worry about the pound or two.
  • Options
    Tinydancer, it looks like you were at the same weight as me when you started losing.  I am between 140-145 and want to be down to my 125 weight.

Do you mind me asking how you lost the weight and how long its taken you?

Thanks!  And congrats on the weight loss!
  • Options
    And it might be good to pick Friday morning for your WI.  I tend to slack off a bit on the weekend or I'll go out to eat and although I try to be healthy, I feel like there is always too much sodium.  That leads to a temporary weight gain (mostly water weight).  So Friday morning is a good time for me.
  • Options
    I too fluctuate A LOT throughout the day. Even this week it's all over the place. I weigh in the same time - the morning nuuuude as favoriteone suggests.  This week I got back to my healthy habits and have 'dropped' 4 pounds....which can't really be accurate seriously.

Don't get too discourged at the number, but I do feel it's important to weigh in regularly at the same time to prevent too much gain.

I bet once you settle into your routine again it'll even out.  If you are still stuck try moving your carbs to the first 3-4 meals of the day or mixing up your exercise routine.  I'm just 6 pounds from my original goal and it's SO frustrating to be so close yet not at all.  GL!
  • Options
    I'll ditto the other with the weighing in once a week thing.

Before I started doing that I would weigh myself every day and the swing was about 4 lbs total.

I weigh in on Wednesday mornings after I have a pee and before I hop in the shower.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hey spizlett - what really helped was going on this weight loss journey w/my FI. Also, during the summer I joined my office's volleyball team & would swim laps at the pool in my apt. complex. We also try & find new things to try that are healthy & appealing. We also love sushi, so when we are up for a "treat" we go to our favorite sushi restaurant for dinner.

I do weigh myself naked in the morning before my shower, but some weeks I do it more than others...this week was one of them. I guess I just need to stick to once a week! 
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards