Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

venue help?

My FI and I are getting married on Halloween and we aren't sure on the reception site. I think it'll be around 20 people - VERY small. Preferably inside. I looked at private dining in restaurants in Dallas and it seems like a good way to go. Budget is around $1000 or so for the site. We pretty much just want a place to party and celebrate with our family. Any ideas?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: venue help?

• Options
    LoverBean27LoverBean27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    where is your ceremony? if it's not too far check out event 1013 in plano! it's awesome and it can do with small groups and not leave the place feeling LARGE... you can bring in anything u want too. I dont remember the prices though... so I pre-apologize if it is over that.
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The DFW Knotties website has a list of places that knotties have rented for rehearsal dinners, and include some info on the prices and if they have private rooms:: http://dfwknotties.weebly.com/rehearsal-dinner.html

FWIW, the 2 restaurants I looked into renting out (which were in Ft W, so not much help to you) didn't charge anything for renting out the facility -- I don't know if that's the norm or not. The food prices were usually good, it was just the liquor that could get expensive. Anyway, that's just my two cents. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about something like Maggianos
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    pattcpattc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maggiano's would be a perfect place - very nice for a small wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've looked into Maggiano's and love it! Suggested it to FI, we'll see what he says.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Post hijacking - did you decide one the grape cake or not? I believe that was you.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you like their food, I threw a private party at Pappadeux and it was great.  No room fee, no minimum, just the cost of food.  Their private rooms have their own entrance and bathroom and you can have a bar also.  The food and service was great.  I have pictures of the set up, etc. if you'd like to see--ours wasn't formal but it could easily be.  The day I booked the contract, they were setting up their larger room for an RD with flowers, centerpieces, etc.

A Knottie awhile back had a lovely reception at Ferrari's Italian Villa.  She had the ceremony there too.
  • Options
    bwasekbwasek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its 2,500 on Friday night.I

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_venue-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:3bd8bf6e-83f2-4638-a393-b2ad74b5401fPost:6d5d68fb-6162-4935-9189-45a95fefaddd">Re: venue help?</a>:
    [QUOTE]where is your ceremony? if it's not too far check out event 1013 in plano! it's awesome and it can do with small groups and not leave the place feeling LARGE... you can bring in anything u want too. I dont remember the prices though... so I pre-apologize if it is over that.
    Posted by LoverBean27[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have a Ballroom in Lewisville,that has a rooftop Patio it is perfect for what you need.www.royalaffairs.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards