Getting in Shape

I hit a flatline

Well, the past week I have been sick and I dont want to go to the gym and spread my germs. Plus, I feel rundown. Next week after I'm feeling better I'm going to head back to the gym.

I have been heading to the gym for the 3 past months after not going for 6 months. I worked myself up from 20 mins of cardio to 45 mins [bike, crossramp, and crosstrainer] I do various machines 2-3 sets of 10. I do 10-15 push ups every day.
I lost 5 lbs that is about it. The doctor told me I need to lose weight. She refered me to a health class but I already know it's to eat healthy. I actually rarely ever eat sweets. I am actually a salty food person[I'm working on this]. So I rarely ever drink soda. 95% of the time drink water or tea. Coffee upsets my stomach.

My FI thinks i just need to work out harder.... any suggestions? or is anyone in the same boat as me?
My Planning Bio Updated 3/17/11 Wedding Countdown Ticker 206Invitedimage 120Gonna party!image 70know it's their loss image 16MIA image

Re: I hit a flatline

• Sometimes it takes a lot of hard work for things to pay off... I myself worked out and ate better for 2 months before i climbed on the scale and discovered I lost 3lbs last week! You could be building muscle which is what I have to figure I was doing. just keep up the hard work. Are you keeping any sort of food journal? 
  • You could be eating well, but just too much of it.  Have you tried tracking your calorie intake to know for sure what you are eating?  I know when I first started tracking what I was eating I couldn't believe how much it was.  You may also be the reverse- eating too little for how much you are exercising.  You might even night to add more calories.  I'd say try tracking that for a while and see if that could be the problem.
    Free Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.net Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • thanks, ladies :] that was helpful

My Planning Bio Updated 3/17/11 Wedding Countdown Ticker 206Invitedimage 120Gonna party!image 70know it's their loss image 16MIA image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards