Getting in Shape
Options

Wednesday WW Accountability

Re: Wednesday WW Accountability

• Options
    I'm going over to my grandma's house to make our homemade ravioli for Christmas dinner! It's a family recipe that was brought over from Italy. My grandma has a broken wrist, so she can't make the pasta, so I'm going to help!

B: Asian Chicken and Rice soup (2), peppermint mocha (4)
    S: Asian Chicken and Rice soup (2)
    L: not sure, but possibly some ravioli
    D: tbd

E: hopefully getting in a walk

Total: 8
    Target: 30
    WI: Saturday
  • Options
    B: frappuccino light (2) and krispy kreme donut (4) (my dad brought them home and they are BY FAR my biggest weakness)
    L: chicken chili with onions, peppers, carrots, peas, greenbeans, and corn (4)
    D: Caesar salad with grilled, bbq-ed shrimp and roasted southwest veggies (9)
    S: christmas cookies (4)
    E: hour on the stationary bike.
    Total: 23
    Target: 23
    WI: Friday

My sister is in town (yay!) and my mom has decided to cook for everyone. She is making mac and cheese as a side dish for our bbq dinner tonight. 9 points per SIDE serving. No thank you. As you can see above, I will be making something else for dinner for both my sister and I :)
  • Options
    I have a recipe for WW skillet mac and cheese, if you want an alternative recipe.

8 oz whole wheat macaroni (I used rotini-style noodles)
    1 T light butter
    1 T + 2 tsp flour
    1.5 cups nonfat milk
    8 oz shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp black pepper
    1 T plain dried bread crumbs
    1 T grated parmesan cheese

Cook the macaroni according to the directions on the package, add salt if desired, drain.
    Melt the butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, Add the flour and cook, whisking constantly, for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk. Increase the heat and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the cheddar, salt, and pepper, whisking until the cheese is melted. Add the pasta to the cheese sauce, stirring to coat.
    Preheat the broiler.
    Stir the bread crumbs and Parmesan together in a small bowl; sprinkle over the macaroni and cheese in the skillet. Broil about 5 inches from the heat source, until the crumbs are browned, about 1 minute.

It's absolutely delicious! Makes about 5 servings. Each serving is 5 points each!

Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards