Getting in Shape
Options

Any CrossFitters out there?

Hi ladies,

I'm bored and was curious to know if there are any CrossFitters out there in Knot-land? I've been doing CrossFit for almost 4 years and am a trainer at a box co-owned by my fiance. We got into CF at about the same time - and it was only about 6 months after we started dating. Our life would be SO DIFFERENT without CF! I can't even imagine where we would be right now had we not discovered it.

Did anyone else see the post on the Games site about women and CF? LOVE. IT. Check it out here:

Re: Any CrossFitters out there?

• Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    There are a few people over on the Health and Fitness board on The Nest that do CrossFit.

I considered it before I started doing NROL4W, but it was a bit too cost prohibitive for me.  It does seem like a kick ass workout though.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm actually thinking about joining.  I just came to the GIS board to post asking about results.  I've been doing a "bootcamp" style workout for about 7 weeks and haven't seen much change.  I was going to switch it up to crossfit, but haven't heard much about it.  Do you think it's worth it?
    image Jenni & Tim 3.19.11
  • Options
    Savinapopp - Find your local CrossFit affiliate gym, try a class, sign up and don't think twice about it!

Honestly, CrossFit has changed my life. It is not just about going to the gym, working out or losing weight - it's about community, becoming a stronger person (inside and out), challenging yourself in ways you NEVER thought possible, pushing yourself to exhaustion and then continuing on, and loving every single second of it. Losing weight is a byproduct of CF - it's not the focus. CF will be a million times harder than any "bootcamp", but also a million times more rewarding. :)

I could go on and on and ON about how much I love CF and how it has benefitted me, my FI and all the members at our affiliate, it won't mean much until you experience it for yourself. Trust me, just find your nearest affiliate gym, go down and talk to them and try a class. You will NOT regret it!

Good luck, and let me know how it goes!!! :)

P.S. If you want more info, check out the main site www.crossfit.com - don't be intimidated!!

Raynes - it is pricier than most other gyms, but it is because of the specialized coaching and supervision you receive while you're there. Hope you try it someday, even if just for fun :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards