Getting in Shape
Options

100 pushup challenge check-in

I haven't seen a recent thread so I thought I'd start it.  I am on W4, D2 and maxed at 20 tonight.  It is definitely getting easier and feels great.  I cannot believe I did a total of 64 tonight.  

Who else is still in?  Progress?  Challenges?

Re: 100 pushup challenge check-in

• Options
    I did W6D2 yesterday. Tomorrow's my LAST day before going for the full 100! EEEEK!!!
    But yesterday was tough. But I do feel like I'll be able to do the 100...my arms will probably just really shake! But I maxed out at 65 yesterday, 253 total. Holy crap! Thats a lot!
    Nine-Ten Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of FI and Me!
    imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    204image 138image 41image 25image RSVP August 18

• Options
    All I can say is WOW!!!!  I can't believe you are almost done.  YAY!  DId you used to do pushups before you started the challenge?  You are not doing them modified, right?

Please let me know how it goes when you do 100 in a row.  Do you have any pics of your strong arms?  I would love to see!
  • Options
    This is really weird but the further I go the worse I get. Back in the second week I was able to do 18-25 on the last sets, and on the last exhaustion test I was only able to do 26. I'm going to repeat week 5 again, maybe that will help.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I have really strong arms to begin with...for the past 3 years i was manager of an ice cream shop (cold stone) so my arms were really strong from that. and i did gymnastics from the time i was 2 til 17. But it's been tough. My arms are def bigger. The other day FI said to me...I wish I had your body, it's so fit looking. He always shows me his arm muscles then I show him mine and he lowers his head in shame! lol!

Ill have to take a picture of my arms. And I'll def let you know how the 100 goes. I've got to do W6D3 today. Then I guess I'll give the 100 a try this weekend at some point! (oh and I don't do modified)
    Nine-Ten Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of FI and Me!
    imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    204image 138image 41image 25image RSVP August 18

• Options
    I'm still in....was repeating Week 4....but got sick this week...no strength for push-ups. :( But I'm not giving it up. Headed to the dr for some meds tomorrow and then I will be back to week 4...again!
    Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just finished week one, so it's encouraging to hear your experiences!

I am feeling stronger, especially since I could only do 7 in good form during my first test before shaking like crazy.  I just did 47 total for W1D3, but was shaking by the end of my max round.  I did manage to do 15 instead of 10 though.

I know it's working and I'm getting stronger.  I'm a teacher, and I can feel my arms reminding me about the 100challenge the day after when I write on the chalkboard. :)
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • Options
    I just finished week 2 and before I started I could barely do 2-3 push ups. FI is in the Army and has been gone for 3 weeks...he's going to be so proud to see me bust out those 10 push-ups, you don't even know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards