Getting in Shape

Recommend Your HRM

I'm looking to invest in a Heart Rate Monitor. At first I liked the idea of a calorie management system like the Bodybugg but I've heard that it isn't very efficient for cycling which I do quite a bit of. So instead I'm looking for an HRM that doesn't cost more then $200 that I can wear to the gym for classes, machines, etc. I don't mind wearing a chest strap. Just looking for some reviews from people who have had hands on experience. TIA.

Re: Recommend Your HRM

• I have the Polar f7 and LOVE it. It was a little over $100, but there are different polar f versions that are under $100. My mom has a version that gives her little trophies if she burns a certain amount of calories in a week. And the watches come in all sorts of colors =) The thing I like about the f7 is that the battery pack is removable and you can just buy a new battery pack as opposed to buying a whole new band.
  • Thanks Kari! And sorry Nebb I just flipped through a couple pages and missed the other HRM post because it didn't have anything about HRMs in the title. 
  • I have the Go Wear Fit (same company as Body Bugg) and I've lost 4 lbs in 3 weeks.  I love it because it tells me exactly how many calories I burned each day, and how much wiggle room I have.  The part that makes me lol is that I wasn't eating enough.  Go figure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards