Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Cake guys, Opulent Cakes, Panini

Hi ladies,

Looking into getting a specialty cake for my baby and figured you would have the best advice on bakeries.  I'm thinking of asking for quotes from the Cake guys, Opulent Cakes, and Panini.  Other than price, taste is also an important factor for me.  Do any of you ladies have any good/bad experiences with any of these bakeries?  TIA

Re: Cake guys, Opulent Cakes, Panini

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Cake Guys don't do special event cakes as far as I know.  They do wedding cakes only, unless that has changed since my wedding in Nov.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The cake guys do all kind of cakes, not just weddings, and their cakes are AWESOME, I'm getting my cake from them, and they are very affordable.
    June 26th, The day Wallace and I become One. Put God First and everything else will fall into place.
  • Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Panini was our 2nd choice.  Delicious!
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_cake-guys-opulent-cakes-panini?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:3e0cd080-5ae1-45b3-80f7-ab6f72464948Post:0cbb577c-63cd-4680-b366-907c3b0b34bc">Re: Cake guys, Opulent Cakes, Panini</a>:
    [QUOTE]The cake guys do all kind of cakes, not just weddings, and their cakes are AWESOME, I'm getting my cake from them, and they are very affordable.
    Posted by TAGSSKEE1[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're right--that is a big change.  Good to know, although they are too far from me.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about Cake Guys or Opulent Cakes, but of the three bakeries that I did visit, Panini was the least expensive and the best tasting. It was so good, I got a cake from there for my sister's birthday and I'm getting one for Mother's Day. I seriously have cravings for their cake.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The Cake Guys cakes are a-mazing!  You can actually order their special event cakes online now. 

• Options
    SkylarLindenSkylarLinden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cakes are from Opulent Cakes.  Their flavors are fantastic, and their cost was hundreds less than the quotes I got from other vendors.
  • Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Panini was second on our list and we'll probably use them for my bridal shower. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for your recommendations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards