Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Etsy Seller Issues

I placed an order with an etsy seller on 5/28 for a fingerprint tree guestbook, I was supposed to receive an email proof within 2 days and the item was supposed to ship within 3-5 days. I did not receive the proof, gave it a couple of days, then emailed 6/4 to check on the status. I still have not received a proof and have not heard back from the seller. I paid immediately through paypal and my invoice status reflected "payment received" and now reflects "paid." I have emailed her again this morning requesting an update on the order status.

My question is how long would you wait before claiming this as a non-delivery? Now? Two weeks with no response?  

One part of me thinks I am being ridiculous since I don't even need the item until September and another part of me (probably the bridezilla) feels like I paid for the item and should get the service promised by the seller or at least a quick response back letting me know there is a delay.

TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Etsy Seller Issues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I definitely would be upset if the seller did not respond to me.  I'm not sure how long you should wait about the non-delivery though.  Maybe one more week?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's been 9 business days with no contact from the seller whatsoever.  If they are backed up or something, at least they could send you an email response explaining that.    I'd report them to Etsy if you don't hear from them by Friday, if it were me. 
  • Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go ahead and report them now. you wouldn't go to WalMart and buy groceries (intending to take them home that same day) then have them show up a week later....ok maybe a bad analogy haha....but you get my point. You paid for the item and it should be delievered as promised, within the time frame promised.

I would personally also print a copy of her page and highlight the section that shows her delievery standards....that way she doesn't change them in the next few days :/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You may want to give her a deadline yourself. That if she doesn't respond in x # of days you are going to take action yourself. Some people do that with their vendors and it gets them to snap into shape. It's not bridezilla if you just want to plan ahead and have the things you paid for.
    Update 6/13/2010
    June 2011 SiggyChallenge: Wedding Cake
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I agree with PPs. Print out for proof and email her and give her a deadline before you report her.  I don't think it's bridezilla at all - whether you need the item in September or next week.  You held up your end and she needs to hold up her end. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree...I would send her an email with "X" amount of days to respond before you report her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not bridezilla at all.  This is why it's good to get some things out of the way early.  So if there are snafus and you have to go back to the drawing board, you're not rushing at the last minute.
    imageimage Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards