Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Introduction to Exchanging of Rings

I'm trying to find a variety of introductions that could be read by the officiant before we say our ring vows, any ideas? The one that my pastor suggested is about the covenant Noah made with God, and not that there's anything wrong with it, but I would like other alternatives. Thanks!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Introduction to Exchanging of Rings

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's some options our officiant gave us:

1. May these rings be blessed as a symbol of this affectionate unity. Your two lives are being joined today in one unbroken circle. Wherever you go, may you always return to one another in your togetherness. May you find in one another the love for which all men and women yearn. May you grow in understanding and compassion. May the home which you establish together be such a place of sanctuary that all who are here today and others through the years will find there true friends. May these rings, soon to be on your fingers, symbolize the touch of the spirit of love that is in both your hearts. _______________, in placing the ring on ___________________'s left hand, please repeat after me: ____________________, I give you this ring as a pledge of my love, and as a symbol of our unity.

2. . _______________, please place the ring on ___________________'s left hand, and repeat after me: ____________________, I give you this ring as a pledge of my love, and as a symbol of our unity.

3. ,I _____________, take thee, ________________ to be my Wife- To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, and I promise my love to you. (With this ring, I thee wed.)

4. I, (name) choose you, (name) in the presence of God and these our family and friends to be my partner in life. I will respect you and I will trust you, I will stay with you when the rain falls in our lives and I will rejoice with you when the rainbow signals the return of sunshine. I will love you whatever challenges await us and I look forward to growing with you throughout the seasons of our lives together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards