Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Officient help please!

So we've met with two officients. Either will work just fine. Both compitant and experienced. The issue is that one is quite serious, fatherlike and lacking a sense of humor. The other is outgoing, a bit cheesy and a tad over the top.

While I wish I could mix the both I can't. We don't want the ceremony to be a downer caus it's so serious but we do want it to have depth, meaning and be taken very seriously. I know it should be a personal choice and it is but I need help caus I havn't been to but a couple weddings in my life and don't know which I prefer.

Re: Officient help please!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The "bit cheesy and over the top" helped me make my choice...
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't vote, because "Neither - keep looking" isn't  available.  Really, if you aren't pleased, keep looking. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would keep looking if you really feel the fun one can't give you the deep ceremony you're looking for. I'm sure as an officiant he realizes that his job is a very special and sentimental part of your day. I don't think he'll pull out the clown nose.
    imageGraphics In a world of crazy we need as many hugs as we can get.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i picked cheesy over super serious but if you're not happy with them, find another one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
    New Bio
  • Options
    geneo61geneo61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a Wedding officiant in the Kansas City area, Your wedding day is about the two of you. Your officiant should be flexible to you needs and wants, but you also need to be open and let them know what you want. If either one of them love what they do, I'm sure they would flex to your needs. Remember you have to be vocal and tell them what you are looking for.....Good Luck....Gene
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Parts of the day should be light hearted and fun.  The ceremony, while a touch of humor is fine, should be heartfelt and meaningful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the keep looking but,
    If you like either one of these, then speak with that one and tell him how you envision your ceremony. Thay should be able to accomodate you
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards