Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Opiniions on something funny!!

OK this is my first post =) and wanted to get some opinions on someting I want to do during the ceremony when we read our vows. I have been joking with FI for months that my vows are going to be so long!! It's been an ongoing joke that he is going to sit down and listen to me go on and on about how much I love him! Even tho I woud never do that I wanted to do something cute and funny! =) So what I wanted to do, when I start to read my vows, have a scoll that drops and unravels looking like i have written so much!! haha would this be cute to do?? =) Thanks!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Opiniions on something funny!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a traditionalist so I really hate when people mess with vows.
    I think it is such an important moment ..it is THE most important moment.
    I can see how some people would chuckle and think it's cute..I just personally dont find it approprite.
    can maybe you can have whoever is marring you sneak this into another part of the ceramony?
    Like after you arrive at the front they drop a long scroll ajust some fake glasses( or real) and then start the ceramony. Lighten the mood.
  • Options
    jenn&chadjenn&chad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a great idea!  We are doing traditional vows and writing our own as well.  I want the traditions but I also want it to feel like us.  IMO you should make the ceremony with as many "you guys" touches as you want.  The wedding is a celebration of you and your FI and it should feel that way! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kayce625kayce625 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it is very cute, traditional is nice but if your not a really traditional couple and you two like to joke around it would make it a great ceremony. Plus the traditional ways can be a bit boring so giving your guest a bit of a chuckle will make it a lot more entertaining! Tears and laughs is awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I usually (ok, always) tear up at weddings, so something that gives me a little chuckle would be great! I'd say if your officiant is ok with it, go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If it lightens the mood for you, go for it! It's going to be a nerve-racking time for you (being in front of all of those people pouring your heart out!) so a little chuckle for everyone would be nice :] if you guys are very serious and traditional people, you should probably nix the idea, but if you're more laidback and silly, go for it!
  • Options
    HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw this done on a bridal show.  I think it was 5 weddings.... the one where they judge each other's weddings. I thought it was cute and the other brides liked it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    SilverSarahBSilverSarahB member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be funnier to start a toast at the recpation like that.  Something along the lines of "I wrote things down to keep it short... *open scroll, drop to the ground, rolls off the table* Let's get started."

My opinion would be that it would be fun to include, but perhaps not the best thing to include just there. Keep your creative juices flowing and yo'll find something that might fit more?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Look, it's your wedding, a celebration of you and your FI love for each other.  DO WHAT YOU WANT!  I think what you want to do is funny, cute and will definetly get a chuckle.  I say go for what makes you and your FI happy.  My FI has a funny sense of humor, I really don't...but for our vows I'm going to go for the humorous while adding in my love and commitment to him because he will love that I'm trying to make him laugh.  Best wishes to you and your FI!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards