Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Surprise Vow!

Hey Ladies!

I need a little input regarding my surprise vows for my soon to be husband (so weird! -- been planning my wedding since i was about, oh i dont know 6 yrs old!)  He is Italian and I am full blown American. I know absolutely no Italian what-so-ever, but I was thinking about surprising him with saying my vows in Italian. I know that it will definitely bring a tear to his eye.  Do you guys think this is a good idea? Should I look for tutors online? 

Re: Surprise Vow!

• Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Rosetta Stone. It seriously works.

I think this is a great way to incorporate his heritage in to your wedding and something extremely thoughtful. If you don't want to learn your entire vows in italian, you could always pick out special parts and just do those in italian.

HTH! GL! =]
  • edited December 2011
    What if you do it in english first, so your family can understand, and then when he thinks you're done you bust out just a one liner of "ill love you forever" in italian. That way you only have to learn how to say a few things?

I love the idea though!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP, do most of it in english and then say something at the end in italian. 
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds like a beautiful idea!
    Blog Planning Site Anniversary 2007- Fell down stairs, herniated 4 disks, Degenerative Disk Disease, Facet Arthritis Perfectly healthy previous to this fall. 2008- Diagnosed Hypothyroid 2010- Diagnosed severe Vitamin D deficiency and Chronic Mono 2011- Diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel, and Calcified Tendinitis in right shoulder
  • Juliet212Juliet212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I agree with others. I would say them in both Engish and then translate into Italian. or vice cersa - if you say your vows in Italian then translate to English. Either way, great idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love it. Instead of saying them in both languages, you could say them in Italian (since that seems like what you want to do), and then have them slipped in the programs in English. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • libbygibs2003libbygibs2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with saying them in Italian ! Why not...  It's unique and sincere besides, It's all about you and your soon to be Husband! Then just in the programs print it in English!
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't have a local college, there might be one at the local high school.  You never know!!  Great idea!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there!

I'm a native Italian speaker, so if you need any help, I'd love to help you! :)

I agree with one of the posters above, how about say it in Italian but have it printed in the programs in English and Italian so the congregation can follow along. Great idea, I love it!!! My husband-to-be is Armenian and I'm Italian, so you've inspired me to try and say my vows in Armenian. Congratulations, and good luck!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards