Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Im about to lose my hair

I have just begun and dont know where to start. I want something classy but elegant. I have a long way but still.... Marcus and I just reunited after 20 years of being apart.  We were in High school together and He has always been the love of my life. So here we are in our 30's and getting married.  Dont know what colors to choose, Nothing.

Re: Im about to lose my hair

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Colors is the last thing you should be thinking about.  The first thing is what your budget is.  That allows you to determine your venue and your guest list.

You're putting the cart before the horse by thinking of relatively inconsequential things like colors, dresses, flowers.

It always starts with the money.  GL
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    mmccrmmccr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking the same thing trix. Bklyn you have time to pick your colors. The budget comes first, then colors etc. Take a deep breath it is going to be ok.
  • Options
    teammd8teammd8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would do some research about how much things REALLY cost in your area, and without picking out anything, come up with a budget.  A realistic one.  We set a budget, and it was not realistic, so we have gone over budget.  I feel bad that we're over, but I didn't think of SO many things that we definitely need.  A realistic budget is the key!

• Options
    beamer84beamer84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the previous posters, and I'd like to add that the second thing you need to determine is a guest list. For example, a $20,000 wedding would look a lot different if you had 50 guests versus 250 guests. Once you have the budget and a ballpark guest list, you know how much you can afford to spend per guest.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, start with your budget and your guest list.  Figure out how many people you're inviting and then a budget per person.  Find a venue, and then figure out the rest.   Maybe you're feeling overwhelmed because you're starting backwards.
  • Options
    horae4mehorae4me member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it is more realistic to start with a budget, but i started by trying to picture in my head what my vision was of the entire day & experience.  from there i started looking for venues that fit into that vision.  once I had an idea of the range of cost we came up with a budget and plan to save/come up with the money.  then i decided what i could DIY, borrow, etc.  overall we decided food, drink, music was most important, so we are focusing on that and things are falling into place.  good luck! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, you definitely need to think about budget and guest list.  However, I recognize that those are not as much "fun".  Start by thinking about the time of the year, and maybe a theme.  You could also start by thinking of what colors or themes you DON'T want.  You can also always do some searches online and look at pictures of other people's weddings to see what you come up with....  Don't worry, you'll be surprised by how quickly it all comes together!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards