Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Engagement Photos & Save the dates - Questions..

Hi everyone -   I am getting my e-pics done on a Sunday afternoon -  do you all suggest that I try and get my hair and makeup done  or just do it myself?   

And I have another questions re Save the Dates -  do they go to everyone or to only those who are out-of-town?    My FI thinks everyone,  I say only out-of-towners...

Thank you in advance!  

Re: Engagement Photos & Save the dates - Questions..

• edited December 2011
    I did my own make-up for the engagement photos, but I think you could do either!  Usually they just go to out of towners, but I sent some to family members in town just because I knew they wanted one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend getting your hair and makeup done for your E-pics if you can--you'll be glad you did.

STDs go to everyone that will be invited to the wedding.  At least mine did.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing my own hair for the engagement and save the dates. I was trying to get my bridals done on a Sunday but could not get either stylist to do it then so I'm not sure if you will have any luck... I sure didn't :(

I think save the dates just depends on how you feel (and your budget)... We have three separate lists, mine and my fiances, my parents, and his parents'. My FMIL list was not very large so we sent STD to all, I sent STD to my whole list, and My mother only sent STD's to the non-family & out of towners. But we got a GREAT deal on our STD's so it was not expensive to send them to everyone! Good luck!!
  • DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had professional makeup done for engagements.  I don't know if it was totally necessary, but it did make me realize that I needed a different kind of makeup for my wedding day (it all sweated off in 2 hours because it was soooo hot!).

We sent STD to everyone on the invite list.  Etiquette says invitations go out 8-12 weeks before your event, but we wanted people to know before that (especially since we have a 1.5 year engagement) so they could "save the date," we actually sent out STD about 8 months before the event, but I think normally 6 months prior is a good time to send out STDs.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I wish I had gotten my makeup professionally done for our e-pics, but did not.  Either way is fine I think, it just depends on what you want.

We sent out save-the-dates to everyone on the guest list.
  • shauna378shauna378 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for the advice!  I am getting married in less than 5 months so I am cutting it all close (at least with Save the Dates).   I just realized that it will be hard to find someone to do my hair and makeup on a Sunday, maybe I will reschedule.  Thanks again and I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

I did the same as Bridget--booked my MUA based on my makeup for my E-pics.

• shauna378shauna378 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Bridget.  I was planning on doing my trial run for my bridal session but that may be cutting it too close.   It's better to figure out sooner than later.  Thanks again everyone!
  • prlmrg08prlmrg08 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my makeup done at NARS at Neimans at the mall for my engagements... and I LOVED they way my makeup looked :)

Also check out Toni and Guy... they are open on Sundays!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards