Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Wedding Website Opinion Please!

FI and I spent hours on our wedding website this weekend.

Our save the dates are going to be gonig out in a few weeks so I want to make sure the website is ready before then.  The only page not complete is the "Vendors" page. 

Would you please look at it and let me know your honest opinions?  Is there anything I am missing?  Anything I should leave off?

TIA for any advice and suggestions!

www.brandonandkylee2011.com

Re: Wedding Website Opinion Please!

• Options
    dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it looks GREAT!

I just don't think you need to put vendors on there...
    I have 2 wedding websites technically - my planning one/"bio" that is in my signature, and another that I shared with guests.
  • Options
    LoverBean27LoverBean27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it looks really good!! I set up my the same way so I wouldn't leave anything off!! :)
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It looks great!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-website-opinion-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:46c53195-2f3c-4dc7-b933-4d64653e96a8Post:bc2dfd4c-afb5-48ab-b496-60ebb5d85e88">Re: Wedding Website Opinion Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it looks GREAT! I <strong>just don't think you need to put vendors on there</strong>... I have 2 wedding websites technically - my planning one/"bio" that is in my signature, and another that I shared with guests.
    Posted by dianaslik[/QUOTE]

This :)
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love it!  It's much better than my family website was, heh.  And yeah, I didn't put vendors on my family website either.
  • Options
    winechic25winechic25 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks great, and I didn't list my vendors either. And you share my name, except mine is spelled Kylie!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Looks great!  I also didn't put my vendor info on the website for guests.
  • Options
    anglcakes7anglcakes7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the feedback, ladies. 

I love how you are suggesting I take the "vendors" link off.  One less thing for me to have to do!

@winechic:  Love our name!  I grew up HATING it because no one could pronounce it correctly.  But I have grown to love it ;)
  • Options
    Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

Luv, luv your website... mine is so simple in comparison. It's so organized and pretty! What did website did you use to create it in?

Also, not sure if this was intentional, or if I just can't see it, but I can't find the date of your wedding on the website?

-Jen
  • Options
    winechic25winechic25 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @anglcake7 ~ same here! I still answer if it's even remotely close...that, and I could never get pencils or balloons with my name on it!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Jen: we used www.wedding window.com Then wedding date is at the bottom of the webpage! It took me a second to find it, but it's there!
  • Options
    Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Although I think I'll stick with the Knot's free version. ;)

BTW, I found the date thanks to your help, but it is hard to find. I think you might want to include the date in your text--at least in the Ceremony & Reception details section. Other than that, kudos on a great job!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @mrsamandamiller: she sure is! Sherry is her mom! I've known Sherry for almost 13 years bc Kristi and I are best friends. How do you know her?! So random!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely love her! She was my 10th grade English teacher at Vines as well. You must teach with Andrea Johnson as well?? We are in grad school together and meet up to work on assignments. I will actually see her on Wednesday evening.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards