Favors
Options

Girl Scout Cookies

I was thinking about having a couple boxes of Girl Scout cookies on each table as a kindof shared favcor for each table. Is this a good idea??

Re: Girl Scout Cookies

• Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    While I love girl scout cookies if you are going to give them as favors I think you need to parcel them out in bags or boxes to each person.  With the shared idea you could have one person stick the whole box in her purse, kids eat them all during the cocktail hour, and some people are really picky about their food and not going to reach into a box that someone else has been eating out of. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think this is a good idea. Why not just put a bag of chips on the table.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP-Girl scout cookies would be a yummy favor, but you need to portion it out per person.  Maybe put 6 cookies in a bag with a cute ribbon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love GS cookies.  But to put a couple of boxes on a table and tell people to help themselves just isn't a very gracious way to do favors.  It would be much nicer to make up a small bag with the cookies in it, and tie it with a ribbon in your colors.

mmmmmmmmm, I want a  shortbread cookie now.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It would an additional favor. Girl Scouts has been a big part of my life for a long and and I wanted to incorporate that. We are doing a rainbow wedding so each table would have a few boxes that match the color of the table. Though I did not think about some of the issues you brought up. I'll talk to the FI.

Our real favors are old fashioned soda bottles that are color matched.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what about taking them out the box and putting them on plates on the table and maybe having cello bags with twist ties on each place setting so people can have their choices, even do different flavors on tables so people can mingle around and grab their favorite cookies.
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_girl-scout-cookies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:d0d72f6d-b36c-44c2-87e2-0c3c6fdd4450Post:25b08d04-fbcd-4d6e-8f0b-60a05cc43069">Re: Girl Scout Cookies</a>:
    [QUOTE]what about taking them out the box and putting them on plates on the table and maybe having cello bags with twist ties on each place setting so people can have their choices, even do different flavors on tables so people can mingle around and grab their favorite cookies.
    Posted by dizzinea[/QUOTE]

I like this idea, 2 cookies/cello bag and tied with ribbon in the color of the box.  It can give people a choice of what they want, and is more sanitary than a few boxes to share.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    TTiger03TTiger03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    maybe you can parcel out the cookies and incorporate the empty boxes in the centerpieces.  I'm thinking of a base under a floral arrangement or something like that.  That way they all have the cookies and you have the colors and signature boxes still on the tables.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards