Flowers
Options

flowers for terracotta linens?

I'm having a destination wedding.  I'm told my the wedding planner and florist that the terracotta linens look best.  However, I don't know what color centerpiece to put on them.  I can't get in touch with the florist and the wedding planner suggested peach, but I'm not sure I  like that.  Any ideas?  BTW, I'm using brown rattan chairs and chargers for the table.  Thanks!!!

Re: flowers for terracotta linens?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Opps!  I forgot to post the picture!  Here it is.  I really like green with it, but I don't knoknow what flowers to use that are green.  I really love peonys, roses, etc..

• Options
    tommyandytommyandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are aiming for bright go with gerber daisies.  If you want soft go with hydrangeas in creams & blues. 
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are white or peach roses, and white peonies. I like the arrangements on the table in your picture, but might add a peach or yellow flower to it like roses, daisies with the yellow center, white & green hydrangea.

Good luck. It's a lovely color for the tables.
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would stick with a contrasting color in a "cool" tone, like white, green, purple, or blue.

If you go with other shades of the terra cotta and brown, like peach, it will give an overall "orange glow" to the look. 

I like the look of the all white/ivory and green floral arrangements.  I think green and white, or purple would be my top picks.

• Options
    tommyandytommyandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may also want to go wander around the flowering plant section of walmart or target or home depot or lowe's or a local hardware store.  They have both terra-cotta & flowers on hand for you to get ideas.  HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards