Flowers
Options

Winter Flowers :)

I need help :/
i'm at a loss..
winter flowers..
we're getting married in December.. and where as, i like balsa wood flowers, fiance likes roses. i like babies breath and eucalyptus. i also like those quirky bouquets some brides make! My little sister made a flower out of a small stroke paint brush and a artifical flower and buttons!

Our wedding has a rustic, antique feel.. with a small budget! $200 for flowers (dont laugh! it can be done :)) )
i need help with what other flowers we could use..
im stumped and stressed :(

thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Winter Flowers :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in December too! With your budget I would recommend hydrangeas. We are having whole foods do the bridesmaids bouquets out of hydrangeas and mine out of hydrangeas, roses and mini calla lilies and then we are buying more hydrangeas in bulk for the centerpieces and doing them our selves and plan to spend about that much or a little more. I know you said you liked quirky and I have seen the boutonnieres made out of feathers and/or buttons and they looked really nice! you could incorp. that into your flowers also if you like. GL!
  • Options
    Cleo7Cleo7 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Offbeat bride for some non-floral ideas-there are some that would be GREAT for a winter wedding, too.

I second that hydrangeas are a beautiful option for any season.

Carnations en masse can look great for centerpieces, and you can use more expensive flowers for your bouquets.

also...a friend of mine had wooden roses for her wedding.  They looked real, I'll try to find a pic to add in this post, they were gorgeous and cost less than real.
    image Final Count: 80 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can get roses in bulk online, flowersandfreshness.com had the brest prices I could find. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Roses, baby's breath, and eucalyptus will go great with your antique, rustic style. 

The greenery and filler flowers will make your roses go further.  Roses are actually pretty reasonable if you buy in bulk.  You might also throw in a few mini carnations as accent or filler flowers, they are inexpensive also.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using dried lunaria for my bouquet. My dress is ivory silk; they go together splendidly.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards