Flowers

MIL corsage

My soon to be Mother in Law is wearing a Royal Blue Dress to my November wedding, does anyone have any ideas of what color to do for her corsage flowers? I know I can go simple and stick to white with blue ribbon... but I was trying to come up with something a little more colorful and fun. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Re: MIL corsage

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What are your wedding colors? I would stick with those. If you don't think they will work with her dress then tell your florist and I'm sure they can make something that will go with both.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • princessmklprincessmkl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My bridesmaid dresses are black and silver and they are all having white roses. Also, my mother is wearing Eggplant so I'm getting her a purpleish mini calla lilly corsage. I just thought that being the BM's have white it might be fun to give my MIL some color, but so far I haven't really found anything that I like with the royal blue other then white. I do have an appt for my flower samples in the next few weeks, I was hoping to go in with a few ideas of my own. Thanks for the help  :)
  • edited December 2011
    If black and white are your colors, why are you adding eggplant and blue to your bridal party colors.? I always think of pictures. I would suggest having the mom's stay in your color pallet or be a little more subtle in their color choices. Otherwise for family pictures, their dresses are going to really stand out next to your black and white. If you do decide to have moms wear their chosen colors, do they at least blend together or do they each really compete? You can see the dress colors, maybe they will compliment your black and white. I just bring it up so you can be sure. I would stick to classic white w/ blue for the corsages. If you want a color to add, chose a soft yellow for both mom's again it adds consitency to your choices. Also gives the mom's a special color just for them. At the end of the wedding the only thing to remember it by is the pictures. Hope this helps. Good Luck
    Let the Lord Lead... and follow Him.
  • edited December 2011
    I have been thinking about your wedding colors/ flowers. I looked and your wedding is this November. So I am sure the Mom's have their dresses and it's too late for a change. I have another altenative... How about incorporating just a few of the color/s you use for your mom's flowers into the bridesmaids. It would add a little color to their bouqets and tie everything together. If you want to be a little bold in your color, choose a flower that would draw from Mom's eggplant and mom's navy into the bouquets. Of course I don't know what everything looks like, but it would be a pop of color. I wouldn't do it anywhere else, just in the flowers. This way it won't compete with ceremony and reception decorations. It would pull everything together. Ask your florist / family for some advise as well. Hope this helps. Whatever you do, I'm sure it will be beautiful. Good Luck!
    Let the Lord Lead... and follow Him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards