Flowers
Options

PSA: Flower Girls & Flowers

I just wanted to share what I just went through to try to save someone else from the aggrivation.I'm getting married in 10 days and the priest JUST calls me today to tell me that my flower girl is NOT ALLOWED to scatter any flowers ( real or fake). Even though they will be on the aisle runner, he said that the only way we could have her do that is if someone stayed behind and made sure that every single petal was picked up. We met with him before & he never mentioned anything about it...and even knew we were having a flower girl.So, please, check to make sure your ceremony site will actually allow your FG to do this. It seemed like a no-brainer to me that a FG= dropped flowers, but I was wrong ! Now I have to try to either make a pomador ( sp?) or find something else that is flowers for my FG to hold.

Re: PSA: Flower Girls & Flowers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have seen maybe 15 weddings with FG, I was a FG twice, I have only seen one wedding in which the FG was allowed to throw flowers.
  • Options
    drod58drod58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My priest told us in one of the meetings.  So, I am doing this for my 2 FGshttp://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee353/drod58/FlowersforFG.pngThe flowers will be in pink ( I can't remember what type of flowers the florist will use) and the ribbon in Ivory.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FG wasn't allowed to drop petals either so I made her a pomander. There's a picture of the result in the Details section of my married bio -- it was simple and took me maybe half an hour. All I needed was ribbon, a foam florist's ball, flowers and a hot glue gun.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our priest told us at our first meeting... and Im still not happy about it! Tell me what u did? oh my goodness .... TODAY IS UR DAY! YAY!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards