Flowers
Options

XP: DIY flowers PIP & question

I did a trial of my DIY centerpieces today. More info is on my blog (link in sig). We spent $10 on these flowers![IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/105elgo.jpg[/IMG]Also, I have a question: What's the best way of transporting these to our reception site? We're going to have like 30, and I'm seeing us put them in a box, where the flowers get messed up and/or spilled! I'm sure there's a good way to do this, right? What do florists do? TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: DIY flowers PIP & question

• Options
    apple_greenapple_green member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    they look great!florists usually have a transport system in thier delivery van... a thing with compartments to hold different size and height vases.I'd keep your eyes open for some sort of box that has dividers - look at Costco or somewhere like that to see if there's a box that originally held jars or something.  Or, ask the store where you bought the vases if you can have the original box that the vases came in... and cut the height down a little.
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SLee2SLee2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love those!  Very nice job!  My future cousin is doing my flowers and we are trying to figure out what I want.  Where did you get your flowers from for $10?!  We've been searching and will be paying almost $450 for my flowers from one of the wholesale flower sites. 
  • Options
    apple_greenapple_green member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SLee- thanks :) They're from my local farmer's market! I'm lucky that in California there are a lot of local flower farms, and I'm planning to contact a few to see if I can buy directly from them for the wedding. You may want to look into that in your area. If not, I'd think wholesale sites and Sam's Club/Costco are your best bet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards