Flowers
Options

need cheaper flowers...PIP

Can anyone suggest an alternative to the orchids in this bouquet? I don't know a lot about flowers and my grocery store florist hasn't offered a less expensive alternative..TIA![img]http://i38.tinypic.com/303iich.jpg[/img]

Re: need cheaper flowers...PIP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe some small-ish white lilies? Search google images for "white asiatic lilies"... Or, you could use a different type of orchid... the pictured orchid is a cymbidium orchid. Dendrobium orchids are much cheaper... they're smaller, but, you could do a grouping of three or so - instead of a single bloom.
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    White lilies, hypericum berries, seeded eucalyptus. That "viney" greenery and "branchy" looking stuff looks really neat with the grapevine wreath material and feathers.
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oops, posted too soon. Maybe some freesia?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure about price, but maybe look into gardina's.
  • Options
    alivesoonalivesoon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, cymbidium orchids are way more expensive. have you looked for these online,? there are awesome deals at wholesale prices online. they deliver fresh flowers to your door! and them you can give them to your florist. dendrobium orchids are also a cheaper option, as well as Asiatic lilies. now Peruvian lilies are much more cheaper flowers and they come from the orchid;s family. Calla lilies could also work with this bouquet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So can white iris.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards