Flowers

Need Ideas for summer flowers

Hi All-I'm not very good with flowers. I think everything is pretty. For the wedding I really want something simple but nice for the girls and for myself. I dont need a ton of flowers. We are getting married outside so there is alot around us. But the girls are wearing pool blue(somewhat babyblue). I don't want them to have blue flowers so I want something to help the color pop. Can you give me some ideas on flowers ? and even some good ideas for myself. I'm lost.....Thanks!

Re: Need Ideas for summer flowers

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pinks and whites would look nice with that color. Try roses, peonies, snap dragons, hydrangeas, ranunculus, tulips, orchids, daisies... The list goes on and on for summer flowers. I would look through the knots bouquets, the girls bios on here, and do a google image search.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    You could do a LOT of different color combos with pool blue (I'm picturing it as sort of turquoise?).Bright pink... Lime green...Lavender...Plain white...What sort of "feel" do you want?  modern?  traditional? romantic? tropical?Here's something that would look kind of nice:  http://floralverde.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/200907040622.jpg
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • aiwanickiaiwanicki member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the sunflower idea, but thanks for all the color suggestions! Some purples have gone good with it too! Just from pictures I have seen. I'm kind of just going to a simple/traditional look for the flowers.
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lots of colors would look good against the blue pool colored dresses, and would give you a summery feel. White, or pastels like pink, yellow, light green, peach, lavender, or more vivid hues, like hot pink, lime green, orange, purple, etc... Or white mixed with any of those colors. Some combinations I would like are green and white (simple, elegant, and natural), or hot pink and orange (vibrant and tropical).
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do like the pink and orange idea!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey yes its the DBs pool blue. I do like the idea of yellows! and I do like sunflowers, and I do love gerber daisies. :)! Th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards